Chapter Sixty-One

Once Visara had an army in the Centaurs, Lupine, Mer, Sirens and some human followers, she turned her attention to the Fae. She decided that she would save the humans for last so that the human King who killed her mother knew she was coming. So he knew that no matter what he did, there was nothing that could stop her.

The Fae knew she was coming, having seen visions of her arrival. They also knew of her great army and even with their abilities to see through time, they knew that their physical force would not be able to overcome hers. So they invited Visara and some of her closest allies to the High Court. It was there they discussed terms of surrender. Visara demanded they end the enslavement of the other races along with plenty of other demands that the Fae had no choice but to comply with.

Grateful that Visara had decided to take a peaceful route when taking over their kingdom, the regular Fae also followed her. They knew that it would have been easy for her to tear through their villages and kill everyone in their path.

With the Fae army alongside her, Visara made her way to the human capital.

-The History of Visara

It doesn't take long for us to reach the Lupine boarder. About ten miles back, the grass had begun to dry and the vibrant green disappear. Now, the grass is more like straw and the ground is dull brown. In the distance, the grass completely disappears and miles and miles of dry rock, sand and mud stretch as far as the eye can see. My heart races with nerves as I look at it. The Northern deserts are daunting. Huge and empty with the paths only known by those who live in it. Even Wyatt who is half Lupine can't make his way to their capital city. We would die for sure. Either the wild Kintara Wolves would get us or we would dehydrate or starve. Though the heat would also be dangerous. Even now it is hot. A different kind of heat we have in the capital. It is warm there. But it is pleasant. Now, the clouds hang low in the sky but the air is stuffy and thick. I am sweating and my throat is dry.

I think back to the advice Emmaline gave me. The Lupine woman I met in the first town I stayed in. She said the best way to their Capital is to get myself almost captured and have the Lupine escort me there myself. That is sort of our plan now. I have my blonde disguise on. Nianzu is a crow flying above us and myself, Wyatt and Zoran wait for the others to return.

As if on queue, Merissa, Jack and Stefan rush to the mound we are standing on.

"There is a group close by," Merissa tells us. I gulp and my heart rate picks up.

"They are raiding one of the villages." My eyes widen.

"They weren't hurting anyone. They were raiding the houses and have rounded up everyone in the streets. They were taking food, clothes and some other resources. They were also looking for you." My eyes widen in surprise.

"Did they say why?" I gulp.

"I overheard two of them talking about their Solavar's orders." My heart flutters. "Apparently, they have orders to find you and bring you to him. I don't know what for, but knowing the relationship between him and the King, there is a chance that he wants your father to suffer." I nod my head, my throat going dry. I wonder if the Solavar is the same one who visited us a few years ago. That would make negotiations easier. The memories of his visit swirl in my mind. I shake my head and think back to the problem. It is a possibility that it is a new Solavar. One that is more brutal than the one before.

The Lupine don't rule as we do. They don't have a king or queen. Instead, they have a Solavar or Lunavar. To become a Solavar or Lunavar, you have to kill the previous ruler as well as have the support of other Lupine behind you. Or, you marry someone who is ruling and the two rule together.