🌹Chapter Two🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWO🌹

"Delighted to meet you, Ms. Ace" Mr. Knight speaks, his voice sends chills down my spine. "You too, Mr. Knight" I tell him, with a kind smile. "Now that the two of you have met, you should continue. Mr. Knight, tell me why you believe yourself qualified candidate for the company?" Mr. Selone him.

I take note on the question and what the answer will be. I sit in the chair professionally and I make sure not to state my opinion, because whatever deal it is that Mr. Knight and Mr. Selone are discussing doesn't apply to me and I'm only here to do my job, even when I don't know what the meeting's about.

"Mr. Selone, I have a degree in business. My family owns the largest business line in the world. I've been the CEO of bigger companies than this humble one" Mr. Knight speaks, his voice is cold and distant, monotone like, almost as if he has been practicing to say that.

Those words were a bit rude and unnecessary, apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that. Mr. Selone becomes angry at it. I haven't been working here for long, but I know for a fact that this company is not humble, far from it actually.

I bite my tongue to keep myself from saying anything. When a secretary speaks up, it means that the deal is off. That's the first rule. Keep quiet in meetings. Don't say anything unless spoken too. I'm here to look pretty and take notes that no one needs. I'm supposed to be seen and not heard.

I hate those rules, when I have my own business, I will change the rules at my company. Hopefully that will inspire other companies to do the same. "Mr. Knight, if you wish to buy my company, then please don't undermine it. Other candidates have offered higher amount of money" Mr. Selone says, trying to maintain his anger. He's pretty good at it.

Learning from Mr. Selone on how to run a business is good and he's a great mentor. His words shock everything out of me. The look of surprise and shock on my face doesn't go past anyone, though neither of them are paying attention to me. None of them have looked at me for some time now, like I'm not even here at all.

Every word that they speak, I write down on my notepad. I have a feeling that this meeting is an important one. "You may be the perfect candidate, having the education and being the youngest billionaire in the world. It does make you qualified for the job. However, all of this points to the fact that you will demolish my company and build a new for yourself or to have a reputation" Mr. Selone says.

"Mr. Selone, please take into the consideration that I may do that, but I will pay more than any of the other candidates. I highly doubt anyone would want this company if I refuse to take the offer. You'd at least get thirty thousand for it, and even then, your company will be ruined, that's how it will be demolished. If I don't get it, then no one does" Mr. Knight speaks, his voice is dark and holds a lot of power.

I watch his moves, he doesn't mess up on anything. Now when I take a closer look at him, his suit doesn't have wrinkles on it, his hair is tangled, yet it looks professional. His body language is professional in every possible way, he really came prepared, but it still looks like he's always like this. "I was warned about you" Mr. Selone says.

"How you use blackmail to get everything you want" He continues. Mr. Knight is a man that will certainly annoy me to my limits and even beyond that. I see that he's a spoiled, arrogant prick. "Now that we've established that, you ready to make a deal?" Mr. Knight asks, he doesn't even sound offended.