🌹Chapter Twenty - One🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWENTY - ONE🌹

I wake up by my phone ringing, and not my alarm clock, but my ringtone. I turn in my bed and check the still ringing phone, the ID says that Lena is calling me. The fact that the clock is about six in the morning is crazy for her to be calling me, she hates the mornings and hates waking up in the mornings.

I answer the phone. "Hello" I say in a tired voice, I'm a bit tired as I just woke up and I haven't had my morning shower yet. "You're in deep shit" She only says with seriousness in her voice. I don't think she's wouldn't be calling me at six in the morning if it weren't important.

I sit up on my bed. "What do you mean?" I ask, now that I've already awoken, there is no way I'm ever going to be able to sleep now, I might as well get ready for the day. She sighs on the other line. "I knew you didn't know" She says, a bit disappointed, I'm not sure if she's disappointed in me or something else.

Then she starts to murmur to herself, about something that I can't hear. I think she's nervous about something, she's always murmurs and mutters to herself when she's nervous and that's clearly what's happening right now. I have no idea what she could be meaning or why she's like this.

Lena's usually the type of person that doesn't show much of her emotions, she often tries to hide them as best as she can, though sometimes I can see right through her and it never works, but at other times I admit that I'm oblivious to it, as I'm horrible at reading people's emotions.

"Lena, talk" I say into the phone, not even sure if she can hear me or not, but I need to do something to get her attention to me, so she can tall me what is the matter. She says I'm in trouble, but I have no idea what she could be meaning or what I did.

I didn't even do anything, or I don't think I did. "All right, all right" She says, though I do sense a bit of something in her voice that doesn't sound like anything good. "Do you get the newspaper in the mornings?" She asks, I have no idea what she's on about now.

"You know I don't read the newspaper, so I declined them" I tell her, she knows this. She was with me when I told the post office that I didn't want any newspaper or junk mail that isn't important for me. She was only there because she was complaining about how she always got mail that was supposed go to the next building and her mail was there.

Both our problems got sorted out and her mail thing was checked into and the last time I knew, everything's fine now. And, they stopped sending me the newspaper and other junk mail, as I requested and I haven't had a problem with it.

"All right, I'm going to send you a photo of the front page of the newspaper and then I want you to call me" Lena only says and hangs up on the phone, she doesn't even give me time to speak or respond to that. I look at my phone with a confused look.

I have no idea what's going on but I guess I'm going to find out when she sends me that picture. I wait for it, for about one minute or so, while I wait, I take everything ready for the shower I will be taking after she has showed me this picture of the newspaper.

My phone makes a vibrating sound, signaling me that I've got a message from Lena. I open my phone and she's sending me a photo. I click on it and my jaw drops open and my eyes widen when I see exactly what she means. "I'm in deep shit" I say to myself.