🌹Chapter Seventeen🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER SEVENTEEN🌹

Lunch couldn't have come sooner, I've been hungry all morning because I didn't eat breakfast. The minutes passed so slow when I was in my office going over files. The hunger was eating me alive and finally lunch has come. The rules of the office is clear: No food allowed.

Unless it's lunch that is. I walk out of my office and go into the elevator. The cafeteria is on another floor, so I always have to go down some floors to have lunch. The elevator is full of people that are going down to the cafeteria too. Because the company is so large and there is only one cafeteria, the floors need to share their lunch together.

I'm just grateful that I share my lunch with Lena, otherwise, I would be eating lunch all by myself and I don't really like that. Besides, Lena always has something to say, to keep my company. If she weren't there, I would most likely take some files down with me and go over them while eating.

The rule is you can't bring lunch to work, but that doesn't mean you can't bring work to lunch. I did that once when Lena wasn't at work because of she had to go to the hospital. It's actually a funny story. She tripped and hurt her knee, and then she thought it was so bad because of the bruise, but it was just a normal bruise.

She ordered the doctor to do an x-ray of her knee, and then it turned out there was nothing wrong with her in the firs place, it was just a bruises and nothing else. Walking into the cafeteria, I look around for Lena. We have this thing that whoever comes first takes food for the both of us and finds a seat for us.

That way, we don't have to wait in line for so long and waste time. There are so many floors in this building, so every lunch hour is only twenty or thirty minutes. You have to be quick and eat fast before the time runs out, that's why we have this like this.

I notice Lena sitting on one table, I go to her. "Hey" I say as I sit down in front of her, on the other side of the table. This is only a two person table, most of the tables are like that, only a few for four people and even less for more people. "Her, girl" Lena answers.

She has picked food for the both of us and she has already started eating, like I said before, you have to be very quick at eating if you want to have lunch and not be starving the rest of the day. I take my food and start eating it. "I think I've solved the rumor thing about me" I tell her with a smile.

She looks up at me with a shocked look on her face. "How?" She asks, not even believing my words. "The people who thought I was doing him now know that I wasn't because everyone on the floor could hear him doing it with another girl in his office. You really should have seen their look of surprise when they saw me come out of my office, they really though I was in there" I tell her.

As I eat a bit more. "Seriously? That's unbelievable. Who was she?" She asks, with a look of pure disgust on her face, I'm not sure if it's because of the rumor that has been destroyed of because he was with another girl. "I don't know, really. Some girl named Kitty or something" I tell her.

She doesn't stop looking at me with shock, but there is something else behind her eyes, I can't tell what. I'm not very good at reading people, or their emotion. I'm the type of person that has to look at their face to see what they're feeling, that's just me.

"Kitty, that sounds like a hookers name" She says and I burst out laughing at her words. Kitty is a strange name, but I don't think it's that. Perhaps her parents just love cats, there could be tons of reasons why she's named Kitty. She gives me a look that I don't know what is.