Chapter 4: What to do?

Savio's mind kept looping back to Willow and what Memphis had said about having someone look into her. The Courts were typically very strict about not letting just any Human learn about Folk and the Folk world. They argued that this was to ensure the safety of both groups.

For as long as most people could remember, the worlds of Humans and Folk had been kept separate by a sort of mystical veil. No one could remember the origin of the veil, save for a few of the ancient beings that inhabited Avalon... But they weren't typically inclined to talk about events that far back in existence. This veil was far from foolproof. It kept the worlds hidden from each other for the most part, but there was still the possibility for people to move through the veil into either world and back again. This fluidity of the veil resulted in many a Fae, Elf, Harpy, Centaur, and Drake passing through and mingling with Humans.

Back, before the Courts, people did as they pleased. Some Folk would take Humans back to their side of the veil to keep as family or servants, some were captured by Humans for many of the same reasons, and some beings made such an impact on the Human world that Humans came to see them as gods and goddesses.

While the Courts had maintained their general stance of limited overt contact between Humans and Folk over the ages, not every Court agreed on specific 'limits'. Even in the Human world, each Folk had their own views on how much they wanted Humans to know about them. Given that it wasn't always exactly safe being a Folk in a Human's world, most took comfort in the idea of leaving Humans blissfully unaware of their presence.

Savio paused to look at his boss, who was relaxing on a bar stool with his feet propped up on the counter's edge. Memphis did not seem to care for the Courts. To be honest, the Fae wasn't even sure if Demons had 'Courts' to govern them. They seemed to come from a whole other plane of existence. Regardless, Memphis was fairly open on his views regarding Humans. They were entertaining, curious little things. He didn't particularly dislike them, but he didn't really care for them either. As far as he was concerned, Willow was just another Human thinking that they lived in a regular, plain old Human world where Fae and Elves were myths and legends.

Still... Savio, like the others, had wondered what would happen if Willow found out about them. The local Courts that held influence were the Centaur Court from Port Edwards and the Fae Court located in Toronto. The Centaur Court seemed quite fond of Humans and open to interaction with them, and likely would not have much issue with Willow being exposed to the magical world. The Fae Court in the capital region was harder to place. They were more reticent about engaging with Humans and would be harder to convince that Willow was no threat at all.

Savio tried to push the thought out of his mind. There was no need to worry at present. Willow didn't dig into their business, so she wasn't really a risk at all. Maybe in the future they would let her know, but right now they all had other things to worry about, namely work and school. The Fae pinched the bridge of his nose, he was going to need something for a headache by the end of his shift.