Epilogue

The morning was bustling as per usual. Everyone had returned to their usual routines, eager to get back to their normal lives again. Willow, Savio and Rayne had been busy in the bar when Memphis called everyone in for a staff meeting. Everyone, including Moira, had gathered in front of the stage where Memphis and Celeste were standing.

Memphis greeted everyone in his usual, cheerful fashion. "Okay, I know we don't usually do these structured meetings too often, so I'm going to keep with short and sweet. First of all, you are all a fantastic bunch and I have been thrilled to work with you. As far as mortals go, you're not a bad bunch. Even you, Savio... Though you are still a little shit." he grinned, "That being said... I'm going to be stepping down as co-owner. I think it's time for me to move along. There's so much to do, things to see, and all that good stuff... And I can't seem to leave a certain Faerest on her own without her getting into some kind of trouble."

Everyone looked at Moira, who simply chuckled, "It's a perk of the job."

Memphis grinned at the staff, "Now. I'm going to need someone to take my place when I leave. It was a hard decision... The bar needs someone smart, personable, and an all around great and wonderful individual-"

"Why did it have you then?" someone asked aloud, earning a round of laughter and applause.

Even Memphis laughed. "Yeah, yeah. Smartasses." he chuckled, "So! I thought who could properly run the bar so I don't need to come back and kick anyone's ass? And, after long deliberation... I'm handing the bar over to Rayne."

The room erupted in cheers. Rayne looked completely surprised.

"Don't look surprised! You have the background for it, and you take care of the place like it was your home." Memphis said casually, "I already have everything together, just need you to sign off on some things. Yada-yada, you know all that business bullshit."

"I- Thank you! Really! Thank you!" Rayne beamed.

"I'm proud of you." Willow whispered to Rayne, earning a blush from the spider Fae.

"For everyone else, I'm throwing a party! We're closing up early tonight and going to have a hell of a party! If today's my last day here, I sure as fuck don't want to be working all day. How about you?"

Everyone cheered in response.

"Fucking right! Now, I got shit to do. Rayne, you come with Celeste and I. Everyone else, you know your routines!" With that, Memphis leapt off the stage and moved towards a door leading backstage where the offices were kept.

***

Back in the bar, Moira was helping everyone clean up. She had left her phone on the bar's counter while she swept the floors. At one point her phone began to ring, playing an energetic song by a Puerto Rican artist that Willow was fairly certain was now a meme online.

Moira caught the look Willow and Savio were giving her and laughed, "Can you get that?"

Willow nodded and picked up the answer, hitting the 'answer' button on the screen, "Hello? This is Moira's phone."

There was a pause. A voice spoke up, it sounded like an older male. The voice was a bit rough sounding, like fine sandpaper. Not that coarse stuff. "Who is this?" the man asked.

"Willow. A friend of Moira's. And you?"

".... This is Osriel."

"Oh! Moira's grandpa!" Willow said.

Moira dropped her broom and went running over to grab the phone. She looked like she was trying not to laugh. She took the phone from Willow as she handed it off. Moira then hit the speaker button, "Hey Os! It's Moira. About gods damned time you got back to me."

"...Grandpa?" was the only response. His voice was deadpan.

"Well, in my defense I corrected it to Uncle." Moira said casually.

There was silence on the other end. It sounded as if the man had set down the phone and walked away. Willow could faintly hear the man speaking to himself on the other end saying "Grandpa? Uncle? I'm a mentor if anything..."

Eventually he came back to the phone, his voice more professional as he spoke. "What is going on in Ottawa? I got your messages, and now on the news I'm seeing that there was a fight at a lodge."

"Well, suffice to say shit hit the proverbial fan. I had to get into the lodge and stop a building full of Hunters before they could make plans to go after Magicals in the city." Moira explained.

"They were gathering to make an attack?" Osriel sounded rather concerned under his gravelly, serious tone.

"They're working with a Dragon. I managed to read the mind of the person in charge at the lodge meeting. I know where to go next, but I want to meet with you first. We've got some things we need to plan, and I need to speak to the Court in Port Edwards." Moira said, leaning on the bar and speaking into her phone.

Again there was a long silence. "Okay." Osriel replied, "When will you be back?"

"Give me two days."

"Got it." he replied, followed by, "I am afraid to ask... But how did you do it?"

Moira pursed her lips. "Well, I couldn't get a hold of you, so I used what was at my disposal."

"Which was...?"

"A rag-tag group of young misfits and a Demon."

It sounded like Osriel dropped his phone. There was a staticky sound as he picked it back up, "Don't you dare tell me-"

"Menti and I will explain when we get back."

"Moira! Don't you hang up-!"

"Talk to you soon, grandpa!" she said with a wink to Willow before hanging up. She set the phone down and was silent for a moment. "Oh fuck, I'm going to hear about this when I get home." she murmured, "Fuck it. I couldn't reach him and shit needed to be done. He can just cool his heels until I get back."

"This Osriel guy doesn't like Memphis, does he?" Willow asked, resuming her organizing of the bar's stock.

"Nope. I mean... They can manage with each other, but they aren't exactly friendly with each other." Moira said.

"And you're his apprentice?"

Moira shrugged, "Yeah, kind'a. I work for the Court, but he's teaching me how to freelance for Magicals once I am free from my contract."

Willow set a new bottle up on the wall behind the bar, "What will you be doing now?"

"Returning home, meeting with my Court, and then moving on to my next task." Moira shrugged, walking over to the broom she'd dropped.

"You're going after this Dragon, aren't you?"

Moira was silent as she resumed sweeping, "Perhaps. I need to get some things in order first... and my Court needs to allow me to do it."

"Allow you?" Savio asked, incredulous, "You can't just do what you want?"

"Court members need to be very... tactical. If I'm going to be travelling all over the place to do this, I need to be sure they won't just call me back for no reason." Moira admitted, "It's... a complicated system. I don't really care for it and will glad when my contract is done."

"Moi! I need your butt in my office! We got tickets to plan!" Memphis called out, "Having some trouble with the computer if ya get my drift!"

Moira shook her head and sighed, "I better go help him before he has a temper tantrum." She winked, "Demons can be such fuss pots."

"I hear that shit!" Memphis called out again.

Moira rolled her eyes and looked as if she was thinking of a snappy response.

Memphis was silent for a moment before calling out yet again, "Now that's not very ladylike... I'm so proud!"

Moira shook her head and laughed, "Take care, Willow. I'm sure we'll meet again."