Chapter 14: Faerest

Moira kept her eyes shut as the plane took off. It would be an hour or so before she finally arrived in Ottawa. She glanced out the window as the plane rose above the clouds. She really did love flying. Sometimes she wished she had been born with wings. What she didn't enjoy was having to wake up well before the sun had risen. Oh, and Hunters. She was not looking forward to dealing with Hunter's in the capital. And then there was the Human girl. It had been a few hours before her flight when she got a message from Menticordon about that new addition to her list of things to deal with.

Moira felt a headache looming over her.

She glanced at her phone, which she had placed on airplane mode, and sighed softly. She hoped that this could all be dealt with simply. Kick some Hunter ass, make sure the Human was as okay as Menticordon said she was, and then get home to file her report on the mission.

In her mind she ran through her plans for probably the twentieth time since she woke up. She would arrive in the city, visit her contacts in the police department, and then hit up some of the local dens where Folk Liked to gather and see if she could get any information. Once she was done with her own reconnaissance mission, she would go and visit Menticordon... He was going by 'Memphis' now, right? She would need to be mindful about that. Demons rarely gave out their true names, and when they did they expected people to keep them secret. Menticordon was no exception.

Moira rubbed the back of her neck, trying to will away the headache. She had not told her aunt or Osriel about Menticordon being around. For all they knew, Menticordon had been banished by Osriel after a series of daring adventures and mysteries that happened a few years ago. On the one hand, she did feel bad not telling them about Menticordon when he had first contacted her. On the other hand, she knew Osriel would never let her go if Menticordon was involved. Demons weren't new to Moira or her aunt. They were fairly neutral towards them. Osriel though was steadfast in his distrust of them.

That was something Moira never understood. Osriel was supposed to be a secondary mentor for her. Despite this, he never explained anything about Demons or their Angelic counterparts to her. All she knew was from her own deductions and impressions, and the occasional story from her aunt Catherine from when she was a Faerest training in Avalon.

When it came to Menticordon, she saw him as a strange, chaotic but not necessarily evil Demon. He was a shitster more than anything from what she had seen. Menticordon and Osriel had history, but Osriel never wanted to talk about it. At least Menticordon was willing to share some of his knowledge with her... Though whether he was direct or vague was up to whatever mood he was in. Right now at least, he was being fairly open and free with information. That made Moira's job a bit easier.

Moira glanced out the window and rested her head against the cool glass. It alleviated her headache a bit. She let out another soft sigh. Hopefully this would be quick and easy. Go in, deal with some Hunters, talk to a Human, and then back home to give a boring report on her mission. Easy peasy. What could possibly go wrong?