Chapter 2

Josh was hitting a ball up and down on the grass outside while his parents and Maya were inside the house.
Maya didn't want to face him right now and Amy had to keep Alan calm.
Josh wasn't feeling much like keeping a girl like Maya busy and she didn't feel like acting okay towards a guy.
But what can they do?
They don't actually have a choice.
Josh sigh as he goes back inside the house.

"Joshua," Alan said.
"Leave the poor child," Amy said and Josh sat down.
"Let Dad say what he want. Obviously I'm in trouble for talking to Maya like that and now I'm going to walk through it. What is the punishment?"
"None," Alan said.
"What? Okay what is the catch?" Josh asked.
"The girl was abused by her father," Alan said and Josh's eyes widened.

Josh's pov

The word abuse wasn't used very often in the house.
Barely actually and when it was spoken about I couldn't say a word.
To hear an abused girl was staying under the same roof then me...
I couldn't bare with that thought.

"Because of that the man left when Maya was very young. For the past thirteen years your brother has been raising her and it hasn't been all up. We figure because of that she is a rebel. She shuts people out and doesn't trust easily. Your brother and we really hoped you could help the girl. Josh she's never had a man in her life who didn't abuse her," Alan said.
"I... I am still not playing the babysitter. But I get why you guys want me to get to know her. I'll try to figure out what to do but for now I want time to process what I have been told. I'll talk to the girl in the morning."