Chapter 3

It was half past seven the next morning and Maya woke up.
She sigh as she sits up.
She did finish unpacking yesterday so she didn't have much to do today.
But she was anyway very nerves.
Joshua Matthews doesn't seem like a guy you want to play with.
She climbed put of bed and quickly made it which was a rule of hers that she stuck to pretty much the past two years.
She then picked out a romper and a pair of sandals.
She brushed her hair out with her brush and braided it.
While she was braiding it she heard a knock on the door.

Maya's outfit

"Come in

"Come in."
"Hey can I talk to you for a second?" Josh asked.
"Yeah," Maya said and Josh closed the door before walking over to Maya.
"I have to apologise for yesterday. My behaviour was out of line and not me at all. I'm sorry," Josh said.
"Your father sent you?" Maya asked.
"He told me about yours," Josh said and Maya sigh.
"Listen Josh. We don't have to get along. Your brother thought sending me here to see how everything is will help his decision into sending me somewhere else besides New York. You don't have to try," Maya said.
"I know but I don't want everything to be uncomfortable. Even if nothing is official that you are coming here I at least want to know that I made you comfortable here. Wanna try the friends thing?" Josh asked.
"That will be nice. Listen what are we doing today? Are your parents going to be home?" Maya asked.
"Nope. That is why I thought we could do something. I know it's super weird but we can give it a try," Josh said.
"What were you thinking about?" Maya asked.
"I was thinking about going to a skateboard park. Keen on trying?"
"Yeah how late do you want to go?" Maya asked.
"In a bit. Can I get you some coffee?" Josh asked.
"That will be wonderful. I'll see you in front in a second," Maya said.
"Okay."

Josh went in front just to find his mother busy with breakfast.

"Morning Joshua," Amy said.
"Hey Mom. Listen I'm taking Maya with me on my day so she can see Philadelphia a bit. So don't worry about finding her something to do."
"That's good because I have a meeting with my book club. Listen what are you guys' plans?" Amy asked and Maya came out of her room.

"Morning dear," Amy said.
"Morning Mrs Matthews," Maya said and Josh gave her a cup of coffee.
"Thanks. Wow you look busy," Maya said.
"My mom does this every single day. Sometimes I think she does it out of habit," Josh said.
"Funny. What are you guys doing today?" Amy asked.
"I am taking Maya to a skateboard park. Do you know how to ride?"
"A little. Not very much," Maya said.
"Well it's pretty easy to learn and I can help you," Josh said.
"Thanks Josh," Maya said.
"Why don't you guys get something to eat before eyou have to go?"