Chapter 5

Friday, 5 August 2016.
Maya was busy doing some research on how the schools are around Philadelphia since she would probably be going there.
It's been about a week since she had arrived in Philadelphia and from where she can see it hasn't been so much down as she thought it was going to be.
It was for sure difficult to figure out how everything in the house works and to stay in Alan's good books since Cory told them a lot about her but she wasn't doing too bad.
She and Josh hadn't had the chance to talk a bunch since he is constantly out with friends and Maya is temporarily stuck with Amy.

"Maya, could we possibly talk?" Amy asked and Maya nod.
"You and my son. What is going on there?" Amy asked and Maya smile.
"I don't know. He just shows me around. That's all," Maya said.
"Hopefully more. I wouldn't mind having you as my new daughter-in-law. You're a good kid," Amy said.

~

Maya sat thinking the day away when she did realize that her door was opening seeing Josh.
Of course they still had a few things to go over with but they were becoming good friends.

"And if you're hiding here?" Josh asked sitting down next to Maya on her bed.
"Just thinking. Cory called me. It's official. I'm moving," Maya said.
"I'm sorry," Josh said and Maya exhaled.
"I've had more fun in one week in Philadelphia than I ever had in New York. That is a sign that I'm better off somewhere else. Now I have to try and get into the high school here. Anyway, enough about school," Maya said shaking her head.
"I know it must be hard for you to move on from your friends but maybe you'll end up better than ever before," Josh said.
"I'm going to keep on hoping that is going to happen," Maya said.