Chapter 13

"Joshua, I want to talk to you quickly before you go to your room and relax. Your mom took Maya to the store," Alan said.

It has now been a good seven weeks since the two have been avoiding each other and was now Thanksgiving.
Nobody wanted two teenagers who weren't talking to each other and for the Matthews it was that case.

" Okay. What's going on? "Josh asked.
" What is it with you and Maya? One day you two are hanging out like good friends and the next it's like you want nothing to do with her, " Alan said.
"I know. And I'm trying to figure out what is going on but..."

Before Josh could finish his sentence he heard the car stopping in the garage.
He sighed as he had to face Maya knowing it was the most impossible thing to do at the moment.
He saw Maya running through the door and straight to her room knowing something was going on.
Amy followed shortly and Josh knew something was wrong.

"Hey, is she okay?" Josh asked.
"We bumped into her father," Amy said and Josh froze.
"Is she okay?" Josh asked.
"I had to call security. Josh I don't know what's going on and I doubt she is okay," Amy said as Josh rushed up the stairs.

He immediately went inside her bedroom finding her in a obvious state.
She didn't have any blood on her but he knew she wasn't okay.
Tears were running down her face as he knew her father did something terrible.

"Maya?" Josh said sitting down next to her.
"How does stuff like this happen? How do people like him follow me wherever I go?" Maya asked as she tried fighting the tears.
"I know it must be terrible but you have to try and calm down. It's not good getting worked up. Just take a breathe," Josh said laying his hand on Maya's back.
"You're safe, okay? He can't get you from here," Josh said and Maya nod.
"Hey," Josh said pulling Maya close into him.