Chapter 6

Maya woke up and could clearly see that she was in a better mood than the last few days.
It was a Sunday morning and of course she could see that it was still early since the sun was barely up.
She smiles rolling around finding a old photo of Riley when she was obviously young.
She exhales as she sits straight up.
She goes to the closet as she gets dress before heading to the living room finding Alan reading the paper.

"Morning, Mr Matthews," Maya said

"Good morning. You must be glad to have all the stuff dealt with. Well at least with big school," Alan said and Maya smiled.
"Yeah, I am," Maya said sitting down aside Alan.
"How are you feeling?" Alan asked and Maya shrugged her shoulders up.
"You know, very little people actually do realize that they have everything in the world. You have food to eat, a roof above your head and a safe place to sleep," Alan said and Maya looked at him.
"And if you're lucky a father who hits you. What is your point?" Maya asked.
"You're here, aren't you? Think about that," Alan said and stood up.

~

It was later the morning and Maya was sitting outside in the back of the yard as she didn't know what was going to happen next.
She was busy strumming on her guitar with a notebook and a pencil in her hand.
She shortly wrote something down as it was getting more and more weird that she was doing any of the stuff that she was.
She was sitting in Philadelphia busy playing guitar and writing a song while she should be so worried about her new school which she will be starting at.
Josh comes out of the kitchen door finding the young girl out on the grass.

"Didn't know uoh die music," Josh said.
"Morning. Or should I rather say afternoon? Yeah I do music," Maya said.
"Writing? Wow, you have courage," Josh said.
"Nah, it's not hard. It's actually a lot easier than most people think," Maya said.
"Sing something for me then," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"Okay, here we go," Maya said.

"I dare you to love me
The pretty and the ugly
If you're alone, I'll make it better
We could be alone together
Oh, I could really like it
Maybe we could carve it in the woods
Oh, Florence in the spring time
Love me in the meantime, wish you would
If we're all alone in a crowded room
Maybe we could be alone, just me and you
Baby, if you jump, then I'll jump too
I dare you to love me
The pretty and the ugly
If you're alone, I'll make it better
We could be alone together
Oh, strangers in the nighttime
There's never a right time to say hello
Yeah, everyone's your best friend
'Til you get to know them
But I know you
And if we're all alone in a crowded room
Maybe we could be alone, just me and you
Baby, if you jump, then I'll jump too
I dare you to love me
The pretty and the ugly
If you're alone, I'll make it better
We could be alone together
I dare you to love me
The pretty and the ugly
If you're alone, I'll make it better
We could be alone
We could be alone
We could be alone together."

Josh looked at the young girl and instantly he thought about what Cory had told him long ago when he and Topanga left Philadelphia with Riley when she was just a little baby.

"Maybe someday you'll find a woman as wonderful as Topanga. And maybe you'll meet a friend like Shawn."