Chapter 14

It was a few days later and Maya didn't have the courage to face anyone.
She has stayed in her room for the past three days since the incident with her father and now she was doubting that she will ever be okay.
She took a deep breathe before she thought of the first day she was officially here in Philadelphia.
She was a bit scared but Josh made it an adventure.
She can barely believe that has been almost six months ago but she can also believe it.
She smiled as she heard the door opening seeing Josh.

"Can I bother?" Josh asked and Maya nod as he sat down next to her.
"How you feeling? I know you must still be pretty freaked out over everything so I won't nag too much but I want you to know that if you needed to talk that I am here," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"What about what happened seven weeks ago?" Maya asked and Josh shook his head.
"What happened then can wait. I was anyway being ridiculous," Josh said.
"It was more of a shock seeing him than anything else. I'm so embarrassed over how I reacted," Maya said.
"Don't be. You'll be fine. I know it. Maybe even more than fine. We are here for you, Maya. We all are," Josh said as Maya allowed herself to go into his arms.

For the first time ever she was feeling safe.
For the first time in her life and she knew it was going to last.
The two young kids may not know what is next but it doesn't matter to Maya.
She will survive.