Chapter 8

Friday, 30 September 2016.
One month.
Two weeks.
Five days.

Maya's emotional outbreak of a bit over a month ago was still in the air while everyone tried to get their lives together with school.
Maya was in a routine and as she was trying to get used to everything else she tried to figure out how she was going to go on.
She definitely does feel like the biggest idiot on earth for overreacting like that because of the word abusive household but she doesn't know where she did get that from.

It was early the morning and she was trying to figure out how she was going to face Josh.
She was sitting in the living room reading a prescribed book she had to read for her finals as Josh came out of his room giving her a smile.

"Hi," Maya said putting her book down.
"Morning. Listen, my father said I should give you a lift. You okay with that?" Josh asked as he grabbed a bottle of water.
"Yeah, but can I talk to you for a second?" Maya asked as Josh looked at her.
"Sure," Josh said sitting down next to her.
"Rax, I'm not going to freak out," Maya said laughing causing Josh to smile.
"Glad to see you're able to smile again," Josh said.
"I owe you an apology. I shouldn't have freaked out over the word abusive household. I was tired and my emotions were definitely out of control. I was all over the place. I'm sorry," Maya said.
"You okay now?" Josh asked and Maya nod.
"That's all apology I need. Let's get going," Josh said and they were off.