Side-Chapter: Family

(I'm calling these "side-chapters" so it will happen somewhere else in the story that's somewhat cannon to the plot. And thank you @Blitzjan for the idea!)

Taiyang just sat on the floor of his daughter's bedroom, just staring at it with a dull look. His eyes no longer shed tears, but at the same time, he wanted to shed more.... But he couldn't...

He sighed and laid his head in his hands, wishing he could have at the very LEAST have tried to be a father to (Y/N)... But the death of Summer and Raven still leaving him left him emotionally unstable and it felt like a huge weight was perched upon his shoulders when (Y/N) was born... She looked up to him for love but he didn't give it to her.... He began sobbing, fresh tears spilling from his blue eyes and down his face....

Qrow sat in the living room couch, unsurprisingly a glass of whiskey in his hands, index finger lightly tapping against the glass as red eyes cast down at the liquid contained in the small glass. He sighed as he took a swig, his eyes held pain as he could remember (Y/N) looking up at him with such adoration and guidance.... But he didn't offer it to her... He set the drink down but than chugged down its contents in hopes of numbing the pain in his heart.....

Yang sat in her bedroom, lilac eyes staring out at the snow that continued to fall snowflakes from the sky. She wished she could have tried to have been a big sister to (Y/N) so she could come up to her about girl problems or to talk about boys.... But none of that was gonna happen anytime soon.... Or ever....

Ruby sat in her bedroom as she stared at the night sky, not a cloud in sight as she fought back tears once she set her eyes at the snow around the house.... Perhaps (Y/N) would've loved making snowmen with her, catch snow on their tongues, even have snowball fights! But she knew it would be impossible to happen as she blew her chance to have all her family's attention on her than her own sister.....

Now they were all a depressed family....