Chapter 24 - Bonds

*Yawn.*

After everything that happened, General got me to the medical bay. After I healed, the burns were gone and they became sore, I had gone back to my barracks. Pozhar and Riveck are being hunted down. They weren't here and nobody has seen them yet after the incident.

Corn was sound asleep as everyone else was awake. Marcus and Joceline were worried and waiting for me. I had told them what happened and we couldn't come up with any complete theory as to what's up with those two. What we do know is that I am apart of whatever their plan is...

I haven't been able to sleep. I could've died but, honestly, the part that's keeping me up is the fact that they have an agenda with me. They're trying to kill me. Ugh. I'm just going to focus on trying to sleep...

~~~~~~~

*Roar!*

"What the fuck is that!"

"Nathaniel, focus!"

"Corn?"

"Look, man, I know it's not easy seeing your partner Corrupted. But trust me when I say that Lizzie would rather be put down than be that fucking monster out there."

What? He points out of the window of the room we are hiding in. Why am I here? Wait, why are we hiding? I look outside.

"Holy shit!"

That's... Lizzie? She... She's Corrupted? Tears bursts from my eyes.

"How... What... happened?"

"Nathaniel. Don't let the fire consume you."

"What? Corn!"

Corn is burning alive!

"Corn!"

(Corn dissolves into ash as he screams in horrific pain. Corrupted Lizzie rips the wall off with a single swipe of her claw. She's a huge feminine looking corrupted. She's oddly beautiful especially for a corrupted. She's easily recognizable as the only change in her head is that she has horns. Her eyes remain blue and her hair and face remain the same. Her skin is purple and shes exposed but no sexual part exists on her body. Her skin is made of a light tinted purple bone.)

"Oh no... Lizzie... how did this happen."

I can't help but cry... Huh?

Oh no! Fuck!

(Corpses of Nathaniel's friends lie around the field in front of the building Nathaniel is in. Zander, Vadice, Pico, Rosalin, Narissa, Marcus, Joceline, Becca, Mallory, James, Lyra, and Siberius. Lizzie shrinks to human size as she steps inside of the building with Nathaniel.)

I can't stop crying... My friends... Everybody... Is dead. My stomach feels sick and there's a lump in my throat...

"Huh?"

"Nathaniel. It's okay. Don't you trust me? Don't you love me?"

"L... L-Lizzie... You're still... Human? Why... Why is everyone dead?"

Why is she smiling...

"Ughh-Ack!"

(Lizzie impales Nathaniel with her claw that almost forms a drill-like figure. She then combusts into purple flames. Nathaniel's blood becomes thick and purple.)

"Why did you leave me?"

~~~~~~~

"Ahh!"

"Nathaniel! Are you okay?"

"Corn? Joceline? Marcus?"

"It was just a nightmare, okay? You're safe, Nathan."

"What, but, how? You guys were dead!"