Chapter 18

When I came to bring her breakfast, her fever had gotten worse and she was moaning in pain. At first I thought it was a trick. I listened to her breathing and heart rate, she was unconscious. I cautiously opened the door and approached her. She was sweating profusely and her body heat was so high, I could feel it without touching her.

********

"Council offices, how may I direct your call?" The bored male voice asked.

"I need to speak to councilman Conner."

The phone rang 4 times and she thought he was not going to answer. She was about to hang up, "Conner Speaking." The deep authoritative voice made her wolf shiver.

"Councilman Conner, I think you need to know that Alpha Black has found his mate and she is human."

Zoe hung up before he could reply. With a satisfied smirk, she put her cellphone in her pocket and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

********

They were seated at the conference table. Trevor took a deep breath before he spoke. "I want all of you to block your mind before we start." They each gave a nod and he continued. "We have a traitor and I believe they have been listening in to our conversations in the office. They always seem to be one step ahead of us, that's why we are meeting here. We know Derek's location. We are going to go in at midnight and take the rouges down. You are not to kill Derek, I will deal with him personally. You're to tell no one of this meeting or the mission. I have already sent 5 more enforcers to the location, in case they try to leave before we get there. You can't do anything that will endanger your Luna." He looked sternly at each of them. "With the 6 of us there will be 12. We will be in groups of three, lead by myself, Daniel, Christian and Gabriel. We will position ourselves at each side of the house. No one makes a move until I say so. That's all for now you're dismissed." The enforcers left the room. "Daniel I'm going to check on Marcus and then get some sleep. I don't want to be disturbed unless it is urgent."

"Of course Trevor, I'll take care of the preparations."

Trevor walked down the hallway to the infirmary. He walked into Marcus' room just as the doctor arrived. "John how is he? I'm sorry I didn't come sooner."

"That is understandable Alpha. He's still in a coma. I'm shocked he's still alive. He was injected with Tolazine and enough wolfsbane to kill him. To most wolves this would be a deadly cocktail."

"What's Tolazine?"

"An animal tranquilizer and a strong one too. It will take some time to leave his system."

"Damn...Keep me updated."

"Alpha you're not looking well. I know the absence of the Luna is hard on you, but you have to eat and get some sleep."

"Thank you for your concern John. I am going to do that as soon as I leave here." He looked at Marcus one more time. Shook his head and walked out.

Trevor had been asleep for only 4hrs when there was a knock at his door. He tried ignoring it, but the knocking continued. "What the hell do you want?!" Daniel walked in the room.

"Trevor you have to get up and hurry! The council is here!"

Trevor sat up in shock. "Did they say what they wanted?"

"They want to meet the Luna."

********

Alex felt like she was in hell. She was burning all over and every joint in her body was screaming with pain. To make it worse she kept hearing the voice from the darkness, telling her to let go. She had no idea what she was suppose to let go of. Alex wanted to reach for the necklace but no matter how much she willed it, her hands would not move. Somehow she thought it would help her.