Chapter 34

Marcus needed to go to the pack prison to interrogate some rogues. He walked in his closet to get his keys. The lockbox had been moved. Alpha did you or Daniel open my lockbox while I was away?

No why?

It has been moved from where I kept it. Alpha...I keep the pack keys in there.

Don't touch anything we will be right there.

Marcus heard feet running up the stairs and then his door flung open. Trevor and Daniel came in and shut the door. "Marcus when was the last time you touched the lockbox?"

"The day I left to guard the Luna at her house. I didn't need the keys until today, so I left them in there. I always hide it behind the shoe rack, but it was sitting on the floor beside it."

"Who knows the combination?"

"I thought only I did. But...they could have guessed." He looked down at the floor.

"What do you mean?"

"I use my birthday as the combination. So if they know my birthday, it's possible they guessed that would be it." He sighed.

"Daniel call James up here to check for fingerprints. Marcus has anything else been touched?"

He shook his head. "Not that I could see Alpha."

Daniel walked back over. "He'll be here in 5."

Trevor smiled. "I think we might catch our Traitor."

There was a knock at the door. "No one comes in except James." Daniel walked to the door. There stood Zoe with a bright smile.

"Hey babe I came to get you to have lunch with me."

"I can't baby...we're having a meeting."

Trevor walked past Zoe and out the door. He called for two guards. "I want you two to stand outside this door, no one comes in." They nodded and took up positions. "Zoe we have some important issues to discuss. I am afraid you will have to leave." Zoe was at a loss for words. She nodded and left.

James came up the stairs. They walked into the room and shut the door. "James there is a lockbox on the floor of the closet, I want you to get prints off of it. Your findings will go directly to me and no one else. You are not to tell anyone of this meeting."

"No problem Alpha."

Daniel was upset that Trevor would not keep him in the loop. "Why are you excluding me. Do you suspect me?"

"Of course not brother! I wanted to get the information first and then I was going to share it with you." Trevor was surprised.

James returned from the closet. "I'll get these scanned in, then I'll bring the originals to you and we can run the match from your computer."

"Great. How long will they take to scan?"

"Ten maybe fifteen minutes." James shrugged.

"Good. I will see you in the office shortly."

They walked out and Trevor motioned for the guards to follow him.

********

Zoe was pissed she had been mating with Daniel all week and got no where. Daniel always talked to her about pack business. She was Beta Female dammit! They should tell her what was going on. Just now they were in Marcus' room and she was sent away like she was nobody.

She hadn't seen Alex all week. She stayed in her room with those damn guards outside.

Zoe decided she would have to step up the game. She grabbed her keys and headed in to town. Zoe had to make a purchase, that she was sure would get her what she wants.

********

Alex had been so tired and sick all week. Every morning she woke up her belly was bigger. This morning she was surprised to wake up and not feel nausea. Her stomach growled with hunger. Adolfo could you please make me scrambled eggs, bacon, fried potatoes, toast and a bowl of fruit. Oh yeah...a glass of orange juice.

Certainly Luna. I will have it sent up shortly. It is good you have your appetite back.

Thank you.

Alex got out of bed and went to shower hoping the food would be up by the time she was done. As she showered she rubbed her belly. It seemed really big today and it had only been three weeks. She decided to call John after breakfast. This whole wolf pregnancy thing, was a mystery to her.

Alex walked out of the bathroom and there was a tray on the beside table. She grabbed the tray and walked to the couch. She ate and moaned. "Oh my god, this is so good." When she finished she linked John. Could you come to my room? I'm a little concerned about my pregnancy.

I'll be up right away Luna.

It only took John 5 minutes and he was knocking at her door. "Come in John. Thanks for being so quick."

"Anything for you Luna. So tell me what has you concerned?"

"It seems to me that I shouldn't be this big after only 3 weeks, If I have to go all the way to 4 months."

"It is an Alpha baby and they do tend to be larger. Why don't you lie on the bed and we'll have a listen."

Alex walked to the bed and laid down. John pressed on her stomach feeling the size of her womb. He took his stethoscope and listened at different areas. He had a frown on his face. "What's wrong?" Alex was scared.

"I would like you to come down to the infirmary, to have an ultrasound. There is something I would like to check. I've already linked the Alpha and he will meet us there."

"What's wrong with my baby?!"

John helped her to stand. "It's a routine test, nothing to worry about." They left for the infirmary with guards in tow. Trevor was waiting by the door and pulled her into his arms.

"Don't worry princess everything will be fine." He gave her a kiss on the forehead and walked her inside.

"Luna please lie down and pull up your shirt for me."

The doctor squirted some cold gel on her stomach. "This is a wand and it will allow me to look at the baby." He moved it around and clicked keys on the keyboard. He turned around with a big smile. "I'm turning the volume on and I want you to look up at the screen." Alex grabbed Trevor's hand and squeezed. John moved the wand and you could hear a heartbeat. "That is your baby." He moved the wand again. Again a strong heartbeat. "And this is your second baby." He moved the wand again. Another heartbeat. "And this is baby number three. Congratulations Alpha and Luna you are having triplets."

"Three? Oh my god Trevor." Alex was crying she was so happy. She looked over at Trevor. He was staring wide-eyed at the screen with a huge smile on his face.

"Two are sharing the same amniotic sac so they will be identical. The third is a little larger than the twins. It will be about 3-4 weeks before we will be able to determine sex. Do either of you have any questions?"

Alex was so overwhelmed all she could do was shake her head. Trevor came out of his stupor. "John, thank you so much. I think we're both a little stunned. I'm sure we will have questions in the future."