Chapter 28

The Kings guard had arrived and stationed themselves around the house. Trevor, Alex, Daniel, Zoe and Marcus stood in front of the house. The council were lined up behind them. Three black SUV's pulled to a stop in front of them. More of the Kings Guard got out of the vehicles and formed two lines beside the middle SUV. The door opened and King Xavier stepped out.

Alex was gob smacked. He was tall, Black hair swept back, down to his collar. Grey piercing eyes with yellow around the Iris. Extremely built and handsome. She had expected some old fat guy. Trevor nudged her and she realized everyone was bowing. She quickly bowed her head. The King walked over to Trevor. "Alpha Black, good to see you again."

"Your Majesty it's an honor to have you here. May I introduce my mate, Alexandra Rodgers. My Beta, Daniel. His mate, Zoe and my third in command, Marcus."

"Ah, so this is the lovely woman who has garnered so much attention." The King stepped to Alex and took her hand and gave it a kiss.

Alex blushed. "It's a pleasure to meet you your Majesty."

"Call me Xavier. I hate stuffy titles." He gave her a heart pounding smile.

"Please call me Alex then, Xavier."

Conner pushed forward and bowed to the King. "Your Majesty it is an honor to see you again."

Xavier raised an eyebrow as he looked at him. "Conner. I will speak to the council later." He waved him away. Conner moved back in line, his face red.

"Shall we go inside Alpha, I don't like standing in the snow." Everyone laughed and parted allowing the King and his guards to go inside. Trevor, Alex, Daniel, Zoe and Marcus followed him into the living room. Two guards positioned themselves outside the door, cutting off the council before they could enter. Trevor smiled, looking directly at Conner and shut the door.

He turned to Xavier and gave him a man hug. "Xavier it's good to see you again."

"Trevor thank you for inviting me." He noticed everyone still standing. "Everyone please sit. I don't stand on formalities in private."

Xavier took the seat across from Alex and Trevor. "Zoe would you please go and ask the kitchen for drinks and canapés."

"Of course Alpha." She gave a smile and a bow before leaving the room.

"Now we can talk." Trevor said.

"What do you mean?" Daniel was confused.

"We can't let anyone know of this conversation Daniel, not even your mate."

The King turned to Daniel. "We are not saying your mate is untrustworthy. We must keep those who know to a minimum."

Xavier turned to Alex. "When did you know you were a wolf?"

"After I transformed."

"Interesting. Is anyone in your family a wolf?"

Alex shook her head. "No. I was in complete shock when it happened." Very good Alex. Do not tell then about the letter or the necklace. Adora encouraged.

"You are an anomaly. We will have to research your family history." Xavier's eyes seemed to sparkle as he looked at her, making Alex nervous.

"Trevor, what about the prophecy?" Daniel asked.

"What prophecy?" Alex and Xavier said at the same time.

Trevor frowned at Daniel, then turned to look at the King. "A few days before she was kidnapped, I went to visit Alex. I noticed her smell had changed and she no longer smelled human, just her regular scent. I had a meeting with Daniel and John, my pack doctor. John found a book in the library with a prophecy he thought pertained to Alex." Just then there was a knock at the door.

"We will continue this in your office after dinner. Enter!"

The guard opened the door and Zoe pushed in a cart with champagne and canapés. She noticed how quiet everyone was and wondered what she had missed.