Chapter 38

Alex it is time to tell your mate. He has to know before the King gets here. tell him everything.

Are you sure Adora?

Yes. the Great Spirit has spoken to me. Make sure he knows he can not reveal this to anyone or your lives will be in jeopardy.

"Trevor I need to speak with you about something before the King arrives."

Trevor was sitting at his desk going through papers for the King. "Sure love. What is it?"

"Could you come over here and sit down please?" Trevor walked over and joined her on the couch.

"There is something I haven't told you yet. Please let me tell you all of it before you ask questions." Trevor nodded for her to keep going. "After my transformation Adora spoke to me about what I am and what will happen in the future. I was not allowed to tell you until today. I'm not an ordinary wolf, I am a Lycan. By us mating you will also change. We are faster, stronger and larger than normal weres. The children will all be gifted. We won't know what their gifts are until they turn 16. The necklace I wear was handed down from my ancestors, with it I will have the power to change those we deem worthy into a Lycan. No one will ever have our power and strength except the children. Those I change will be a level below us. I will be able to read minds once the children are born, not everyone just those who wish to harm us. I will also have telekinesis, Adora tells me it means I can stop people or objects with my mind. The King, as well as other packs, could see this as a threat and want to eliminate us. No one can know what we are." Alex took a deep breath and waited for him to respond.

"Hmm...wow. Not what I was expecting but it does explain a few things. When we were training I noticed that I had gotten stronger and faster. Christian asked me if I've always been so big. I was slightly bigger than him, because I'm an Alpha. But now I'm taller and broader than him. My muscles are more defined."

There was a knock at the door and Edward stepped in. "The King will be here in 15 minutes."

"Thank you, we will be out in just a moment." He bowed and left the office. Alex was sad to see them in their uniforms again. They looked all stiff and intimidating. "Alright princess let's get everyone ready."

We were standing outside, Marcus to Trevor's right as acting Beta. Christian to our left as acting third in command. The royal guards were behind us in uniform, standing ramrod straight. It was so cold we could see our breath with every exhale.

Finally I saw the line of SUV's. The babies were moving and I didn't know how much longer I could hold out.

The King walked quickly over to us and everyone bowed. "Your Majesty it is good to see you again." Trevor smiled.

"Alpha...Luna. When were you going to tell me your little secret." They both looked shocked. Then he pointed at Alex's stomach.

Everyone laughed. "We were waiting to make the announcement until we knew the gender of the pups." Alex smiled.

"Pups? Why don't we go inside we have a lot to discuss." Xavier had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

As they walked inside, Alex knew she couldn't wait any longer. "Your Majesty, please excuse me, I will meet you in the office." Not waiting for a reply, she hurried to the nearest bathroom. The Kings laughter following her.

When Alex walked into the office, they were laughing and talking. "I am so sorry to keep you waiting Xavier."

"Perfectly understandable. When the Queen was pregnant she could not pass a bathroom without going inside."

Alex sat beside Trevor. The King was looking at them with amusement. "So, tell me about your pups."

Trevor gave a huge grin. "We are having triplets. One boy and two girls."

Xavier laughed so hard he had tears coming from his eyes. Alex and Trevor looked at each other. Finally his laughter settled to little chuckles as he looked at them. "My friend you have no idea what you're in for. I remember what it was like when my son was born. But you will have it times three!" Alex joined him in laughter. Trevor just looked dazed.

Xavier's expression turned serious. "I will only be here a couple of hours and we have a lot to discuss." They looked at him intently. "I researched the prophecy. As you know before there was a council, we had elders who assisted the crown. The old records are at the castle, I found the ones pertaining to the prophecy. Not only did the shaman tell them of the prophecy, he gave them a drawing." Xavier took a paper out of a folder in front of him and passed it to Trevor.

"It's a drawing of a wolf." Trevor was confused. Alex looked at it and saw the difference right away.

"Look at the size of it and the muscle mass. That is no ordinary werewolf." Xavier was watching Alex but her expression gave nothing away. "This, in combination with the prophecy, helped me understand the passage referring to a 'new breed'. I believe Luna that means you. You are the wolf of the prophecy. I'm still working on the last refrain of the prophecy."

"So what happens now?" Alex was nervous.

"We have to protect you." He looked to Trevor. "If other packs find out they will try to kidnap Alex and breed her and any children you have. Trevor the best option is to move your pack to a more remote location."

"I can't do that! We just built this pack house! Everything is state of the art. It would take more money than the pack has to recreate what we have here. Not to mention moving and creating housing for all the pack members."

"The only other option is to secure your territory as the royal territory is. That means building concrete walls to encompass your whole territory. Having enough enforcers and warriors to patrol it." Xavier looked to Trevor for his decision.

"That would just about deplete the pack funds. I don't see how we can do either." Trevor was running his hands through his hair.

"Wait a minute. Trevor did you bring a carved box over when you brought my things?" Alex was excited.

"Yes. But what does that have to do with this?"

"Just go get it. I think I have a solution. The key is in the jewelry box on the dresser."

Trevor left to retrieve the box. "Alpha would you like anything while we're waiting?"

"Coffee would be nice."

Adolfo could you please prepare coffee for the King. Also I would like some of that chocolate cake from last night and a glass of milk.

Of course Luna. She could hear the laughter in his voice.

"It will be here shortly." Alex smiled at the thought of cake.

Trevor returned with the box and key. Xavier seemed intrigued. Alex opened the box and took out the papers. "These are my trust papers. Look at the last stipulation."

Trevor read it and handed it to the King. "I still don't see how that helps our situation."

She handed him the next page and he read it and his eyes opened wide. He handed it to the King.

Xavier smiled. "I think you have your solution. $10,000,000 will build quite nice walls. I suggest you claim your trust quickly and start on the walls."

There was a knock and a maid brought in a tray. "Will there be anything else?"

"No. This is great!" Alex wasted no time in grabbing her cake. Shoving a huge forkful in her mouth, she saw Trevor and Xavier staring at her.

"It is customary my love to serve the King first." Trevor was holding in a laugh.

Alex swallowed. "What do you mean? I'm not sharing my cake, he can get his own." Xavier howled with laughter.

"I meant pour his coffee." Trevor was holding back a laugh.

"No worries Trevor. I wouldn't want to interrupt a pregnant woman and her cake."

Alex took a big drink of milk and smiled. "See Trevor, no problem."