Chapter 35

Trevor went back to his office with a huge smile on his face. Daniel was waiting inside. "What's up with the stupid grin?"

Trevor didn't want anyone to know about the babies yet. He sent Alex back to their room and he asked her not to see anyone, until he captured the traitor. "I'm in love with my mate." Not a lie, just avoidance.

Daniel laughed and shook his head. "And you made fun of me when I met Zoe. Now I can get my payback for all the things you said."

"Yeah..yeah..whatever." Trevor laughed. "What can I do for you Daniel?"

"I came to see what the results were. Who's the traitor?"

"Shit! I forgot all about it when Alex called me! Call James and have him come up." Trevor paced and ran his hands through his hair. It was a nervous habit he picked up when he met Alex.

"He'll be up in a couple minutes."

"Good. While we run the scan I need you to have a meeting with the guards and enforcers, come up with a security plan so the traitor doesn't escape." Daniel nodded and walked to the door as James arrived.

"James come in. let's get this started." James walked to the desk and sat at the computer. "How long will this take?"

"Depends on who the traitor is. The scan starts at top ranked and moves down through the pack members." He started tapping at the keys. "It's started."

Not even a minute later it stopped. "We have a match."

"What?" Trevor knew with such a quick match it was someone ranked. He felt sick to his stomach that someone he highly trusted would betray him. He walked over and James turned the screen. There was the picture and info. "No one is to know the results. This has to be handled carefully. Get a cell ready in the secure wing."

"Yes Alpha." James left the room quickly.

Trevor sat down at the computer, staring at the screen. "Zoe..why would you do this?" He took a deep breath and knew what he had to do.

Christian...you, Gabriel, Noel and Leon come to my office immediately.

Be right there Alpha.

Trevor printed the information and locked the computer. He placed it in his desk drawer just as the enforcers arrived.

"You wanted to see us Alpha?"

"I want you to go to my room and escort the Luna here. Then you will stay here to guard her." They bowed and left the room. Trevor wanted her close in case anything went wrong.

Daniel I need you in my office.

I was just about to start the meeting.

It will have to wait. Just tell them to position themselves around the exits.

He cut the link and waited. Soon the enforcers returned with Alex. "Trevor what's going on?"

"Nothing to worry about princess, we are having a meeting with Daniel." The Royal Guards were flanking her. "Edward, Matthew I need you to guard the door. No one comes in but the Beta." They nodded and left.

"Alex sit down and rest. Do you need anything?"

"No. I'm fine." She sat on the couch and the enforcers positioned themselves behind her, Just as Daniel walked in.

"What's going on Trevor?" Daniel was surprised he had been called back so quickly.

"Please take a seat." Daniel sat and Trevor went to his desk and got the paper. He sat down beside Alex. "We know who the traitor is. I need to talk to you before I bring them in. First I need to ask you, Did you help them or give any information to them?"

"What?! You can't be serious! I would never betray our pack!" Daniel was livid. "How could you even ask that?!" Trevor handed him the paper. Daniel looked at the paper and shook his head. "No..no...no. This has to be wrong."

"It's not. Her prints matched." Alex grabbed the paper from Daniel. She gasped at what she saw. "Daniel I know this will be hard on you. You need to call her to the office. Only tell her it is a meeting." He nodded slowly.

********

Zoe smiled to herself. Her plan was in place. The surprise she had for the bitch was tucked into her jeans with her shirt covering. Finally this would be over and she could start living the life she wanted.

Zoe could you come to the office? We're having a meeting with the Alpha and Luna.

Sure babe. Be right there.

Zoe hurried down the stairs to the office. As she approached the guard opened the door. She walked in with a smile on her face. It quickly dropped. Something wasn't right.

"Zoe please come in and take a seat." Alex and Trevor rose and turned toward her.

Her focus was on one thing. Alex's stomach. "No..no..no!" She was shaking her head from side to side. Zoe reached into her waistband and pulled the gun, pointing it at Alex.