fourteen- top mark

Next week, Thursday.

*beep* *beep*

Time for another day at school. I slowly slipped out of my warm, cosy bed. The weather is still so freezing. I went over to the bathroom to brush my teeth and to wash my face.

After that I thought about what I should wear today. I decided to wear something that comfy but also cute.

So I put on some black jeans with a white turtle neck with a creamy beige colored teddy coat and to top it off I put on a similar creamy beige colored beanie.

I went downstairs and I was greeted by my mom, who was busy making breakfast. Today was Eggs on toast with hot chocolate. I sat down and took a sip of the hot chocolate. My mom was watching me earnestly.

"How is it? I tried a new hot chocolate recipe I found on the web by Kristen Joy."

I smiled, "Mom... It's very..." My mom face dropped,

"good "

Her face lit up, "Thanks."

"You know what? I should type up other recipes that Kristen Joy makes." My mom said while cooking the eggs and nearly burning them. "Shoot. Joey will be fine with little bit 'burnt' eggs right?"

"No, I hate burnt food." Joey said. I turned around and saw Joey frowning with his hair all pointed upwards. Looks like he's going to have a bad hair day.

"Yeah we know, you can have mine. I haven't touched it yet." I said while brushing his hair with my fingers.

"Alright... Thanks big sis." Joey replied, as his smile replaced his frown.

I smiled back at him and started eating.

"Oh yeah, Mom. I have to meet up with Peter today for our Biology assessment which I already told you about on Monday but just to remind you.." I explained while eating the burnt eggs which tasted a bit odd.

"Yes honey. Do you need me to pick you up after?"

"That would be great, thank you." I told her.

"So you're riding the subway when you're going there?"

"Yes. I'll text you when we finish collecting what we need."

"Okay."

"Thanks mom."

...

In Physics class...

"Okay, so how do we calculate linear acceleration between points A and B?" Ms Warren, our physics teacher asked.

On the board there was a diagram that displayed a simple gravity pendulum and the question was finding the velocity of the pendulum.

She pointed at Flash, who was confidently holding up his hand.

"Flash."

"It's the product of sine of the angle and gravity divided by the mass." Flash replied while reading his notes.

Incorrect. It's gravity times sine.

"Nope." She answered while shaking her head.

Betty bolted her hand up so that she can be called on. But Ms Warren kept staring at our direction but not asking Betty for the answer.

I look to my left and saw Peter gazing at his laptop and not paying attention. I tapped him. He looked at me. I adverted my eyes towards Mrs Warren trying to be subtle about warning him.

Mrs Warren put her hands on her hips, looking slightly disappointed.

"Peter. You still with us?"