sixteen- time to be festive

Next day, Lunch

"Omg! I can't wait for the Halloween festival. You know, I've been waiting for so long for this because the theme this year is Disney! It's sponsored by DISNEY!" Betty sang out.

Liz and I giggled, "Oh and by the way, Ned and I have to collect the leaves for our Bio Project tonight as well so sorry if we ditch you guys." Betty laughed.

Liz shook her head, laughing "It's fine, your project is more important Betty."

"Oh yeah. Same with me, we just need to collect like 4 more leaves..." I replied, eating my grapes. "But after that I'll be sure to join you guys."

"Sure."

*Ring* *Ring*

"Ugh. That's the bell. I have English." Liz groaned while standing up. "I'll see you tonight."

"Yep, bye Liz." I replied as I stood up then went towards the bin to empty out my tray.

After School

Since I'm meeting Liz and Betty at 6:30 PM, I have some time so I decided to go home and get changed out of my school clothes into something a bit more prettier.

I went to closet and pulled out a graphic t-shirt of Metallica, a denim jacket with black jeans and to top it all off a beige colored scarf. I looked in the mirror and smiled, "That's better."

"Y/N." My mom said as her head popped through my door.

"Wow honey, you look gorgeous." she gushed, beaming.

"Aw, thank you mom." I blushed.

"Hey Y/N. I could drop you off tonight to the Festival since it is late at night and I'll pick you up afterwards."

"Really?!" I asked as I looked at her in gratitude.

"Sure." she responded, smiling. She came towards me with something in her hands.

It was a 50 dollar bill.

"Here take it and buy yourself dinner and other things you want at the festival." and placed it in my hand and folding my fingers shut so the 50 dollar bill is safely secured in my hand.

I looked at mom in shock. "Uh-um, m-mom thank yo-you."

She chuckled, "It's fine honey. I'm sorry for not giving you pocket money for the last few months. We were just busy settling in NYC and that your father isn't here, I'm just trying to—"

I pulled her into a hug, "It's okay mom! You're literally the best mom a daughter could ever ask for." i empathised.

"Thanks my honey bunny." as she pulled away, she brushed the strand of hair that was covering my face.

"Alright, It's nearly time. I will be ready in a minute and let's drop you off to your first Halloween Festival in New York City!" My mom exclaimed while heading out.

Central Park 6:35 PM

I arrived at Bethesda Terrace after around 30 minutes. Riding the car is much quicker than riding the subway because I'll have to change stations on the way and walk to Central Park but my mom can't always drop me off because she needs to pick up Joey from school but today she can because Joey's school doesn't finish at like 6:30.

The park gave a different vibe from yesterday. Yesterday everything was romantic and plain; just only nature and the environment but today everything was filled with Halloween decorations from Lantern Pumpkins to skeletons and spider webs hanging from the trees.