Chapter 4: Dungeon Exploration Pt. 1

It took me a while to remember this, but Torrick is one of the hidden targets in the game. Targets meaning love interests for the protagonist of the game: "Hearts and Magic." From my knowledge,  there were a total of five love interests, and then there were two additional targets that were locked and hidden. They were newly added targets that I hadn't got to play yet, but I knew that one was a beastman and the other was an elf. Torrick is that beastman, because the image of a young devilish man with piercing golden amber eyes, dark hair, and black wings was a popular alluring dominant figure.

Right now though, he was a ten year old before me, and a shorty. The eight-year-old me is two inches taller than him.

Torrick seemed to have trust me a hundred percent, because he admitted that he ran away from his home. He wouldn't tell me the reasons why, but I figured it didn't matter any more. Torrick had left three days ago, and he knew his family must be really mad at him. To make it up for them, he was going to collect some Forget-me-not flowers.

Somehow these flowers were mana flowers and they were extremely rare, especially the blue colored ones. They fetch high prices in the market, and since he wasn't willing to leave this dangerous forest any time soon, I decided to accompany him.

Of course, monsters, who thought they would be strong enough to take on Nina, were immediately obliterated the moment they showed themselves in our path.

"Whoa! Your summon monster is amazing, Latina!" Torrick said excitedly. "She's so powerful and so majestic!"

I think Nina really knows the common language, because she yipped approvingly at his praises.

"Where did you find her?" He asked me.

Oh her? She was only $50... Yup, can't say that.

I smiled widely. "Actually, she found me and we've been close ever since."

"Eh? Lucky." He said, pouting. Awe, he's really cute like this. How this cutie turned into that devilish figure in the game's advertisement is beyond me. I think I remember from one of the comments that when the Heroine first meets Torrick, she would be running from a powerful monster in the forest before Torrick would swoop in to save her. Then he would mischievously demand from her to 'pleasure' him by giving her body to him.

Yeah, okay, no need to think of that right now. There is a ten-year-old with me!

Torrick has been flying about though he wouldn't stray too far he kept looking for those mana-flowers. It seemed he started to tire from looking because now he was returning to me and he landed safely on his feet. He was getting better at flying and landing.

"I don't see mana-flowers anywhere. I didn't think they would be that rare." He said.

I sighed. "Well, they are extremely rare. Honestly, the most you can find them abundant is in a dungeon."

"A dungeon?" Torrick sound excited. "Let's go raid a dungeon, then!"

Oops.

Immediately, I grabbed his hand. "Hey you! I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure you're way too young and too small to be entering a dungeon!"

Torrick then pouted. "The same could be said about you." He argued, and he had a point.

"Well, I have Nina!" I protested.

"Then won't we be fine with Nina around?" He pointed out, and that's two points.

"You expect Nina to take on all the monsters in the dungeon?" I asked incredulously.

"...Well, can she?" Torrick asked. "I mean, she is a mythic beast."

...Three points. Damn it!