Chapter 11: Coming of Age Ball

A few months had passed, and the products, La Roque's shampoo and lotion, were an unexpected hit.

La Roque began booming a couple of weeks after the first distribution of the products. The reason for that was that I delivered samples to the Royal family, riding on the back of the glorious Nina. After spending tea with the Queen, I returned home and had gotten a letter a week after that the she enjoyed the products and will be spreading word about it and her silky hair and smooth skin.

The demand for the products were so high, we had to expand the factory a bit, and the Silverwing Clan provided more momocots. At firs, many were hesitant to buy due to the momocots' reputation for being poisonous, but after being assured, people bought and experimented with the products. The booming sales were the results of such.

All of this was being handled by the Silverwing Clan, so right now, they were getting all the credit. Even though the recipes were from me, I'd rather the public didn't know about it.

I had signed a contract with them to receive 10% of their profits. At first, they argued with me because the percentage was too low, and that I should be getting more like 50%. I scolded the Clan Leader real good that he should be a merchant first before generosity. Of course, that was a ridiculous lesson coming from me, and Torrick got a good laugh out of it, before he convinced the clan leader to let me do what I want by saying that they'll donate 5% to the improvement of La Roque.

Because of the contribution, La Roque was now building proper walls around the perimeter of the town. Also, more monster hunters were hired at this time due to the fact that winter was coming. The monsters from the Forest of Eden come out more often in the winter, especially the nighttime.

For once, La Roque will be feeling more secure and safe for this winter, but everyone has to remain vigilant.

Though most of them will be celebrating...

That's right, my birthday was coming, and my father had decided to throw me a grand party. It was not only going to be a winter ball, but it would be my Coming of Age Ball.

Fantastic... so overjoyed. (Note the sarcasm)

Every important and relative noble family, especially with children were being invited to the La Roque estate. Normally, it would be way too dangerous for any of them to come to a border town, a place that is so close to the Forest of Eden, but they had wishes and desires that stronger than their fears. I had heard personally from Butler Quinn that they were coming to purchase the shampoos and lotions directly.

I immediately sent a note to the Silverwing clan to somehow limit the purchases of at least two per customer, or else we wouldn't be able to send it to other vendors from other towns. Torrick wrote back, agreeing to my proposal and thanking me for the quick heads-up.

Another thing about Torrick, I had questioned why my father regarded him with some respect even though he is a merchant. Before I continue, my father flicked my forehead for thinking that he's some suck-up noble that would see other people as lesser. Secondly, and most important, it is because Torrick was a winged-beastkin.

No doubt. Their race must be highly regarded, so then why was he adopted by two wolf-beastkins?

Knock, knock!

"My Lady, are you ready?" Marie asked from behind the door.

"Coming!" I responded before looking down at my little Nina, who had a little red rose pin on her head. "Ready, my dear?"

She yipped eagerly.

With that, we both left the room and headed down the hall into the ballroom. Marie followed me until we got to the large double-set doors, and she one more check up over me.