Chapter 6: To the Royal Palace

The moment I returned home and showed off that I had a mythic beast as a summon was the moment that my one-month grounding began.

Father was furious that I had left home without an escort and dared to enter the dungeon. And even though I gave him all the loot that I salvaged from the dungeon, excluding the dungeon core, he still grounded me! He should be proud of me right?

Wrong.

Even Marie was upset with me, and she hardly left my side. Nina also wouldn't leave my side, and if I try to, she would start whining and crying. So for now, she stays with me, and I had her shapeshift into a cute little pup so she wouldn't inconvenience anyone with her size.

And so began my house arrest with a new ragdoll cat on my lap... that is until we had gotten an invitation from the Royal family to visit.

"They had heard of your nine-tailed fox, Nina, and they wish to meet her," Her father, the Duke, explained as he was holding the invitaion with the candle-wax sealed obviously broken and already read.

It wouldn't be wise anyway to reject the invitation of a monarch, but I was not so eager to be meeting the crowned prince anytime soon.

"As you wish father," I agreed and Nina yipped happily in my arms. "Father, how long will the trip be?"

He blinked. "A week at most."

"Then father, we'll have Nina take us. She can bring at most three people with her," I said to him. "And I can carry our luggage."

"Lady Latina," The Head Butler, Quinn, called for my attention. "What do you mean by you will carry the luggage?"

I simply waved my hand towards the sofa arm chair across from me, and it disappeared. Both my father and butler flinched and gawked at the disappearing act.

They seemed to immediately understand what I did, like Torrick.

"L-Latina. You know how to cast the spacial storage spell?" My father asked me, rembling slightly. "Since when??"

"Ohh, umm.... I don't know, I've known about it for a while now. Is it not common?" For now, I'll have to play it off that I was little girl who didn't know much but was blessed with gifts. Sorry papa, I must lie because there's no way you'll believe that this whole world is from a video game.

After reassuring my father and telling him that we'll make it to our capital house in less than a few hours, he decided to take my offer up. He wet excitedly to pack things up. Butler had told me before that my father was once an adventurer before he was chosen to be Duke.

As our things were being packed up, I decided to write a quick letter to Torrick, letting him know about my house arrest and also my summos to the royal palace. I wrote to him that I will bring him back a souvenir and that I'll see him again some day soon. For now, I'll write the letter.

Once I was done with the letter, I put my family's seal on it and had it delivered by one of the servants of the house. I remember the insignia so I had to explain to the young servant boy what the clan was before he took off to do my bidding happily when I handed him a silver coin.

By the way, the servants of the house are getting 20 coppers a day. Now I'm not entirely sure what the minimum wage is or the cost of living is per day, but to me twenty coppers already did sound pretty low if the materials that I have in my inventory where worth plenty of silvers.

I'll have to revisit that later.

Soon we were outside, and Nina had returned to her normal, threatening size that made every servant quiver in fear.