Chapter 13: Quick Recap Before

I should have done this a long time ago...

RECAP:

HEARTS & MAGIC

There are a total of five love targets that the Heroine can fall in love with, plus two more candidates that are locked. Those two targets can only be available to interact with after playing through every main target.

 Those two targets can only be available to interact with after playing through every main target

Now, in every Japanese Otome game, the rival of the Heroine, a

Now, in every Japanese Otome game, the rival of the Heroine, a.k.a. the Villainess, almost never wins at all. Her fate and destiny is to bully the Heroine, lose the prince, and suffer misery, poverty, and/or death. That is the fate that I'm trying to change right now, because no way in hell am I going to willingly endure that shit.

First and foremost, I hate the prince--! Hmm... that's too strong. I dislike the prince. My anger for him had died down now because of how he sincerely apologized to me back at my birthday ball. I still don't like him, but I'm not too mad at him anymore. Either way, I don't plan on ever becoming his fiancee, nor will I ever fall in love with him.

Torrick is sweet with a hint of a devil side to him, and although I never played his path, he is supposed to end up with the Heroine one way or another. After all, this is an otome game, and if done right, every love target can end up in a 'reverse harem' with the heroine. It's a fancy term for a popular girl who is constantly surrounded by boys.

Definitely not wanna go down that path...

Back at my party, I've finally officially met with Marshall Keswick. Although we should have already met in previous parties, that was Villainess Latina in control, and not the new me. My first impression of him had to be all the mischief on his face and 'naughty-vibe' aura, as well as that smug 'I know everything' look. It's probably why his most prominent career is being a spy for His Majesty in the future. His most oustanding quality is his undying loyalty to Aurelius. I think there was a scene in the game that if the Heroine has to choose between Aurelius and Marshall, Marshall will always step down and permanently places the Heroine in 'friend zone', ignoring her advances. The player will have to never ever flirt with the prince in order to win Marshall over completely. Overall, Marshall is a good guy.