Chapter 9: Follow the River Pt. 2

"Torrick!"

>>TORRICK D. CROW
...>>Race: Raven (???)
...>>Level: 26
...>>HP
...>>MP

Huh? Level 26? He... levelled up fast.

"Latina, you know this winged-beast child?" My father asked out of surprise.

"Y-yes, father, we met in the forest."

Torrick approached us, and he stopped a moment before bowing.

"It's an honor to finally meet you, Lord Duke De Lacourt, and I'm grateful to be in your presence again, My Lady Latina." Why is he being so cheeky and yet so polite?

"Drop the formalities, what are you doing here?" I demanded. Meanwhile, the brigade had already finished with the other two orcs, so the danger had passed.

"Monster hunting," he simply answered.

"And you're hunting monsters this deep in the forest?" I asked again as I got off of Nina and--oh wow, when did he get as tall as me? Was it not just five days ago that he was a shrimp? Did it have to do with him levelling, or was it because the curse was lifted?

He smiled sheepishly without an answer.

"Torrick! It's not safe here!"

"My Lady, I'm very much capable of monster killing, and besides, I came to find you because you promised me something."

"I did?" I blinked.

Huh? What was he talking about? I started to wrack my brain on what he meant. What did I promise him? Well, I did say we'll meet again, but I never proposed a date--

"You sent me a letter that you were heading to the royal capital," he said, finally explaining since I was taking too long. "And you promised me a souvenir."

Ah... shit!

I did promise him a souvenir... I had forgotten because I was mostly with the queen and the prince during my whole visitation.

[Chest].

I took out the goblin king's scythe, which had now shrunk to properly match my stature. It looked demonic, glowing in black and purple. This was an evol weapon, a weapon that would evolve to match the wielder. Somehow, it matched me quickly when I gave it some of my mana for it to transform. I wanted to use it as quickly as possible, but I'm not Ruby Rose that could fly about and slice monsters with this thing.

Smiling, I handed the scythe to him.

The scythe immediately turned to plain black, shifting and transforming to suite Torque.

His eyes widened. "...Isn't this...?"

"Your souvenir."

"...Thank you so much, My Lady," He said, smiling happily. He knew that I had forgotten to get him a souvenir, but thankfully he accepted this gift instead.

"Isn't that...?"

"That scythe is an evol weapon, but I heard a Goblin King had wielded it."

"So the rumors were true! The Young Miss had conquered a dungeon!"

Then I felt a chill down my spine, and I see my father smiling coldly. Oh no... I'm in trouble.

"My dearest daughter, we're going to have a long talk back at home once this is over," he said.

When I turned around, he was smiling happily...too happily.

Haha, I'm so grounded.

"Lord Duke!" Torrick called out, now addressing to him as he bent on knee down and lowered his head, bowing with respect. "Please allow me to accompany the brigade. I can be of use here, and at the level that I'm in, I will not slow you down."