Chapter 12: The Prince And the Raven

"...Because I promised her the first dance,"  Torrick said.

I felt my jaw slack at his sudden intrusion, and his daringly verbal argument against the crowned prince of this country in front of all the nobility attending my ball. Therefore, I was completely in shocked, but also I was a bit proud of Torrick's daredevil ways.

Before anymore animosity grew between them, I stepped into the middle of it and said, "I apologize, Prince Aurelius. I did promise my dear friend the first dance, and it would be dishonorable of me to break such a promise."

I spoke aloud so that the audience of spectators can understand my situation.

Thankfully, Aurelius got the gist of it. "I understand. It can't be helped. A promise is a promise!" He said aloud, forcing a small smile, though I can tell he was annoyed.

Wait, why was he annoyed?

"Thank you for understanding," Torrick said. "As soon as we are done dancing, you can have the next dance."

With that, Torrick suddenly pulled me and spun me around, avoiding the prince, and with ease got into the rhythm of the music that played.

"Torrick!" I whispered. "That was so... scandalous? Incredulous? A bit rude?"

"How all of the above?" Torrick grinned. "I did like making an entry."

Oh boy... I can see that sinister, sadistic side of him coming out.... not that I dislike it.

Step by step, we spun about the dance floor as if we were gliding through the air. I was lucky that this body, Latina, already had gone through dancing lessons, thus she was quite an expert even at this young age.

However, what bothered me was Torrick.

"Hey, where did you learn to dance?" I asked. It must be difficult, spinning about, carrying giant wings. I can only think of them as extra weight in this moment. That is to say, I'm a bit impressed that he could move while maintaining such a poise posture.

"My clan leader suggested that I should learn nobility etiquette, and he even hired a tutor for me to learn how to dance," Torrick explained, and he grinned with confidence. "My teacher said that I'm a excellent protege."

Yea, I bet. The kid was improving too fast. Not even the soldier, Level 10, could jump levels that rapidly.  By the way, Level 10's name is Ulric and he is currently at level 15. As for Torrick, the last time I checked, he showed up as level 26.

After using [Appraisal], the boy was now a level 50, and his HP, MP, and stats are all blurred out. Why? It's scary to think that a ten-year-old is at this level---

Oh wait... I would be considered more frightening right? An eight-year-old at level 710 is not only an enigma, but a danger to national security.

Thankfully, the people here don't really know about numbers, and could only decipher with color. However, even then, color auras are hard to distinguish. Their description is broad, but straight to the point. If someone has an aura that was thick and abnormall colorful, like mine, they are known to be hundreds of levels stronger than you.

I asked Torrick once if the color aura was determined by one's perception or the world's status. Torrick said one's aura, so if someone of a high level still saw me in that colorful aura, they would see me as a monster.

My father was somehow very tolerant of me, and he and Quinn believed that I was touched by the Goddess or something.

The music soon ended, and I was about to part from Torrick so that I could bow and cater to the Prince. Honestly, I bet if I don't go to the Prince right now, he'd throw a childish tantrum or something.