Chapter 7: To Save Her Majesty, The Queen

We walked on the winding path of the garden, and I have to admit, my mood had gotten better with the lovely scenery around me. Flowers were blooming everywhere, and they were recently watered, so they looked like they were sparkling like colorful gems.

Now if only the Prince wasn't beside me, it would make this place even more better.

The silence between us was thickly tense that you could cut a knife with it as if its butter. Butter.... I wonder if they had toasted bread so I can spread butter on it.

"Lady Latina."

I stopped, and turned to the young prince that had halted his steps.

"What?" I curtly asked.

He slightly flinched. I don't think he's used to someone actually hating him, and I get that. I mean, he's the first prince and crowned heir to the throne. Everyone sucks up to him, and just a little while ago, Latina was one of those kiss-ass followers who clung to him. Acquiring His  Grace's favor and likeness was all that Latina wanted.

Latina had very much loved him. She was completely smitten by him, but I wasn't. Not one bit. It makes me wonder why she continued to like him all throughout the game. Maybe she used the drowning incident as way for her to get engaged? Wah, Game-Latina was a bit sick in the head then.

The Prince was a bit braver. "I'm sorry! I... I'm sorry for pushing you into the pond and leaving you there, I thought... I thought you could swim, I didn't know you were drowning... I ran."

"...Okay." I said, and continued walking, leaving him behind.

After a moment of shock, he ran after me. "W-wait! So.... do you forgive me?"

"Nope." I immediately shot him down, and once more he was taken back, standing there in disbelief.

When I got further and further away, he ran over to catch up to me and stood in my path. "What's it going to take for you to forgive me?"

"How about never?"

"Th-that's...! You can't stay mad at me forever."

"Humph! Watch me!" I was being quite stubborn, but hell no am I forgiving him so easily just because he said sorry. No way am I going to be smitten by him.

Then he shouted, "As Crowned Prince of Eglacia Kingdom, I command you to forgive me!"

What the shit!

Turning around, I gave him the meanest and most furious look I could muster, and he seemed to realize he crossed the line.

"N-no, wait, I take it back, I--"

Stupid bratty prince.

I turned by back to him once more and started walking faster, trying to leave him behind, but of course, he doesn't give up. He ran after me again, and he said, "Please...! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, but you have to forgive me!"

"And why should I?" I asked him.

"B-because my mother is sick!"

I stopped and whirled at him. "What do you mean? Why is it my fault that Her Majesty is ill?"

"It's not! It's...!" Aurelius paused the he straightened up. He began to explain properly. "The reason why my father called you here was because of your mythic beast, Nina. She could help the army raid the Dungeon of Oberon and retrieve the vial of the Goddess' Tears."

The vial of the Goddess' tears, which was also known to be as the Elixir of Life. That thing actually exists?

"How ill is she?" I asked. I still hate the bratty prince, but that doesn't mean I was indifferent to his mother's condition.