Chapter 5: Dungeon Exploration Pt. 2

With a mighty roar, the Goblin King raised the sharpened scythe and brought it down in a swiping motion, intending to slice our heads off like some kind of green-skinned Grim reaper.

Torrick just flew up to the sky, avoiding the hit in time, and I took a few steps back, the blade passing me by centimeters. I'm not sure if this was normal, but as soon as the Goblin King attacked, the whole world started to move slowly as if time was decelerated. Then time flowed normally as soon as I had gotten out of the way. That was unusually strange... No. Actually it wasn't strange.

The Goblin King was just too weak for me. A level. 45 versus me: A god-level 710? It wouldn't stand a chance against me.

I didn't hesitate to run at it, and again, the monster was moving way too slow, and heck, even Torrick was playing the slow-motion game.

Leaping right at the Goblin king and getting close to its face, I closed my fist and decked it right across the face.

Cra-a-ack!

The sickening sound of bones cracking echoed loudly, erupting from its neck as its skull awfully twisted and rotated to the right. Death came instantaneously for it.

Once I landed back on my feet, it topped backwards, crashing heavily like a piano smashing on concrete.

Torrick descended to the ground, his jaw about to drop from his mouth with the way its hanging out in shock.

He slowly turned to me like he couldn't believe his eyes.

"Uhh... Earth to Torrick?" I called out for him, waving my hands in front of him to see if he was still there. Was Torrick.exe crashing?

He slowly blinked at me, still gaping, before finally he talked. "...You killed it... in one hit."

"Yes... Yes, I suppose I did."

I may have showed off too much.

When Torrick finally regained his composure, we collected the rewards from the dead goblin king. Then Torrick proceeded picking mana flowers growing from the corners of the carvern walls. Meanwhile I was examining the floating giant red orb in the middle of the cavern room.

The red orb was shiny like a gem, but completely smooth like some glass-colored marble, only that it was five meters in diameter.

Holding my hand up, I used [Appraisal] on it.

...>>Dungeon's Core

......>>Rank C

......>>HP = 1,000/1000

.....>>MP = 32/500

......>>SP = 14/50

Huh. Its MP and SP are relatively low right now. Was it because of the Goblin? I wonder if it was fighting too, and was doing all it can to keep its main guy alive? It's almost sad for me to do this, knowing that this orb is alive, but this thing can only spawn monsters.

I pulled out a sword from my inventory [chest].

"Are you going to destroy it?" Torrick asked, coming up from behind me as he carried bundles of mana flowers. "You shouldn't! Just take it with you! Dungeon cores fetch high prices once it's purified by holy clergymen."

I whirled at him. "Really?!"

Huh. That was information I didn't know about. Was I wrong then about dungeon cores being just monster? Maybe the benefits of raiding a dungeon does outweigh the consequences.

"Yep. Once it's purified, it would become a Revitalizing Core to replenish health, magic, and soul energy." He explained. "There's at least one in every holy shrine."