5- One kind vampire

Aurora's POV

Where am I? What happened?

My eyes flutter open before my gaze wanders around as I sit up in my seat, trying to pin point where I am. Black wallpaper covers the walls while the floor is made entirely out of dark mahogany wood. The room seems so familiar but I don't understand why.

"How are you feeling?" asks a gentle male voice, my eyes snap in his direction. I'm met by ocean blue eyes and beautiful golden blonde hair. Prince Ethan is seated in the couch opposite from the one I was sleeping in just a few hours ago. His body is covered with a white t-shirt and a pair of black shorts, clothing not fit for a prince nor the cold whether outside.

He and Xander really don't look alike at all, but that's fully understandable considering that all Xanders siblings are adopted. Ethan Lucius and their sister Clairy are all turned vampires while Xander is the only born vampire.

He tilts his head to the side, still waiting for an answer. My cheeks flush as I clear my throat.

"Fi- fine." I cough, my voice raspy. He hands me a glass of water and I take it immediately, gulping down the fluid. A soft 'thanks' leaves my lips as I let out a sigh of satisfaction. Prince Ethan looks at me from top to bottom, his eyes landing on my neck and the wound Xander caused. As his hand reaches for my neck I flinch away from him, almost hitting my head on the backrest of the couch.

"It's okay, I just want to see the damage." He says with a gentle voice, trying to sound unthreatening. I shut my eyes as his hands softly touch my sore skin. Crimson red eyes flashes into my mind as I remember what happened and where I am. I'm in Xander's room.

"Hey, take it easy." Prince Ethan says. I take a deep breath as I open my eyes, staring right into his ocean blue eyes.

Even though Prince Ethan is the kind brother he still makes me nervous. If I'm going to be honest, I've always admired Prince Ethan for his kind heart towards pet. Ryan would always laugh at how red my cheeks would get every time he mentioned the Prince.

"Well the wound won't leave a too big mark," he says as he continues with his examination of my neck, "I could give you something to help you heal." he says as he gets up about to leave his spot.

"No, it's okay!" I exclaim, not wanting him to waste any time on me. He stares at me before quietly sitting down again. I shift uncomfortably in my spot as silence fills the room.

My gaze falls down to my skin, noticing how pale I am. I look up at the bathroom door, wanting to see both the mark and my face.

I push myself off of the couch and try to walk a couple of steps forward. My legs give in and I fall to the floor, before Pronce Ethan even has the chance to help me, I stand up. My legs shake under me as I walk closer to the door, Prince Ethan walking close behind me.

Finally I reach the mirror, having to hold myself up by leaning against the sink. My face is as pale as new fallen snow making the red bite mark stand out, almost like a red light in the middle of a white room. I let my fingers briefly touch the red mark, hissing in pain as I do.

I sink to the floor, no longer having the strength to stand. The Prince kneels down by my side, a pill in his palm.

"An iron pill, it'll help." he simply says with a soft smile on his lips, his pearly white teeth sparkling at me. A smile forms on my lips as well as I take the pill.

"Thank you." I whisper trying my best to hide the slight blush on my cheeks. As I swallow the pill my hands travel to my neck, hoping that the bite won't leave a scar.

We sit in silence as Prince Ethan stares at me the same way Xander does, like I'm a puzzle they need to solve.

"Come on, let's get you back to the couch." he breaks the silence as he stretches out his arms towards me. I crawl closer to him before he lifts me up and carries me back. He lays me down on the couch as he sits down beside my feet.

"So what's your name, little shifter?" Prince Ethan asks with a small smile on his lips. My movements stop for a while.

Do I have a name? Right, Aurora.

"Aurora." I answer as I crawl under the blanket. The Prince nods.

"Beautiful name, did Xander give it to you?" He ask and this time it's my turn to nod.

Loud footsteps interrupts our conversation, footsteps I now could recognize anywhere. Xander is coming.

My body trembles as I grip the blanket tighter. The door flings open as Xander walks in, his gaze lands on Prince Ethan before he rolls his eyes.

"I don't understand why you always get attached to my pets, you know very well they'll be gone before summer." Xander states as he takes a seat on the opposite couch. My heat stops as my stomach turns, the sudden urge to hurl hits me like a wave.

"Cause I have hope. Hope that his pet will change you." Ethan explains.

//Don't forget to vote//