7- Little sister

Xander's POV

The ball is in a couple of days and I need to visit my little sister. I want her to sew a dress for Aurora. If the other vampires see Aurora in a beautiful dress they will see it as a reward for her good behavior and might not attack her during the ball. The last thing I need right now is a wounded pet, I already have too much on my plate considering my job as King.

I walk through empty halls until I reach the door I'm looking for. I give it a slight nock before it's opened. My sister, Clairy stands there, still with her purple pajamas on. My gaze wanders around the room as I'm let inside.

It's funny how she looks 25 while I'm stuck looking like I'm 18 even though I'm more than 8oo years older than her.

The whole room is really light compared to mine, the ceiling, walls and even doors are all white. While the sheets on her bed and all the pillows on her furniture is a light shade of purple.

My gaze wanders to my sister, her brown almost black hair is pulled up into a messy bun as her honey golden skin shines in the sun from her open window. She's a young vampire, she was adopted about 400 hundred years ago. She and Ethan were both turned into vampires the same day.

We have this law where every year one human female and male get's turned into a vampire, to keep the vampire population up. Vampires aren't born considering that you can't give life to something dead but here I am.

Even though we are immortal, the vampire race is decreasing rapidly. Our vampire soldiers are killed more often, our men are dying in the war against...

"So?" she asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. Right, the dress. Almost forgot. I take out a picture of a purple dress out of my pocket handing it to her. The dress matching Aurora's eyes perfectly.

"Could you sew this for me?" I ask, watching Clairy observe the paper before turning it around and noticing the measurements.

"I don't remember you having this size, but sure. Take off your shirt and I'll do my magic." she teases, knowing fully well that the dress isn't for me. I give her a stern look, indicating that I'm not in the mood for her childish behavior. She rolls her eyes at me before walking over to her desk, sketching my request.

"For your new pet?" she questions never looking up at me.

"Yeah." I sigh before walking over to her queen-sized bed, laying down on it.

"She's a small one." Clairy states the obvious. Once again I answer with a 'yeah'. "Why are you giving her such a gorgeous dress?" she asks as she rips her eyes away from her work before they land on me.

"She pulled quite a show this morning and now I have to make sure none of the vampires try to rip her head off at the ball." I explain.

"With a dress?" Clairy laughs, not fully understanding my motives.

"They'll see it as a reward for good behavior." I elaborate further. An 'oooh' comes from Clairy as she realizes the meaning of the dress.

"Wait, since when do you care about what happens to your pet?" she questions while furrowing her brows making wrinkles appear in her forehead.

"I don't, I just don't have time for her. I mean I could just drop her on Ethan but he would get too attached." I answer before a groan escapes my throat, annoyed at Clairy's interrogation. A small chuckle leaves Clairy's lips as she continues with her drawing.

"Oh, has little Xandy wandy gone soft?" she mocks with a high pitched baby voice. I glare at her with a hint of irritation in my eyes.

"I haven't." I say with a low growl rumbling in my chest. Clairy bursts out laughing while clutching her arms around her stomach.

"Sure you haven't." she laughs, looking over at me with disbelief in her eyes. I narrow my eyes, indicating that she should drop the topic. Once she calms down she gives me an eye roll before continuing with her work. 

"Are you going to pay me for this?" she questions completely dropping the previous topic, her eyes never leaving the paper before her. I don't answer, still thinking about her question. 

The fabric does cost her a lot, and a dress like that one should definitely cost a lot. On the other hand, she does own me some money for previous 'favors'. 

"Are YOU going to pay me?" I ask while emphasizing 'you'. Her whole body freezes as her pencil drops onto the paper. She turns around, studying me on her bed. Long silence fills the room before Clairy clears her throat.

"Alright, see this as one way of paying back." she sighs, a smirk travels to my lips. 

I won. 

//Don't forget to vote//