42- I always keep my word

Aurora's POV

I turn around to the clicking of heels only to see the blond-haired girl who threatened me a while ago. Her steps are leading her towards Xander's room and for a while, she's oblivious to my presence until I accidentally bump into a vase. Once her gaze lands on me, her eyes turn crimson red and she stalks towards me with a big angry grin on her lips. 

"Well hello there," she says, making it sound like a threat. I freeze, not able to do anything as her hand grabs my shoulder. I let out a small squeak as her hand travels from my shoulder and up to my neck. "So you're the one putting silly thoughts into Xander's head," she states more than asks. 

"N-no," I whisper as I shake my head.

"Liar!" she screams into my ear, making it ring in my head. "Do you remember what my last words to you were?" Before I can respond, her mouth is already open, "Cause I do, I said 'you are gonna pay for this' and I always keep my word." 

Hot tears stream down my face once again as I feel her fangs kissing my skin.  

~~~

With my hand on my neck, I stand up. My legs wobble underneath me as I take a few steps forward before falling onto the floor once again. My hand leaves my injured neck before I can get a glimpse of it, no blood is coloring my palm. At least she was kind enough to close the wound after her.

I stand up once again and walk with uneasy steps towards Xander's room. I know where I have to go and what I have to do. For some reason, Xander's room is the only place I know how to get to. 

Once I reach his door I lift my hand and knock weakly on it, hoping he can hear me. My body feels too heavy to carry and my shoulder leans against the door.

I almost fall into the room once Xander opens the door. My heart fills with joy at the sight of him. His gaze meets mine and I remember everything and my heart sinks. 

"Ethan locked the basement, I just need someone to open it," I explain with a hoarse voice, his gaze looks me up and down as worry forms on his face. 

"What happened to you?"

"Someone bit me," I answer as I let my gaze fall to the floor. "I should go..." I begin as I start turning around. A warm hand grabs hold of mine, causing electrical sparks to flow through my body. He pulls me towards him and inside the room. 

"Who bit you?" he growls lowly and I flinch at his words. He's going to hurt me for storming out of the room without a collar, it's my own fault and now he's going to punish me for my stupidity. 

I stay quiet for a long time before he kneels down before me and looks me dead in the eyes.

"Aurora, who bit you?" his voice is calmer now but still stern and demanding. 

"The blond girl," I answer while looking away. 

"Okay, you're staying here tonight."