53- I'm not losing anything tonight!

Xander's POV

Me and the blue troop march into the boat that will take us to the island where the dark lord lives, with two other troops behind us. The air feels cold as the sky grows darker by the minute, perfect weather for werewolves and vampires. The boats take off and the soldiers make themselves ready for battle, vampires drink the blood they brought with them as werewolves shift into wolves, growling into the air. 

I play out our strategy over and over again, thinking of each and every outcome. The thought of Aurora dying by his hands makes it so much harder for me to think like a king, like a ruler and not someone's mate. 

As the boat gently hits the beach, I'm snapped out of my thoughts. I walk to the front of the boat and jump off with the rest of my crew following. The other two boats hit land as well before we gather for me to explain the strategy once more. 

"Red troop, you go to the left and circle around to his hideout where we'll be standing. Green troop, you do the same but to the right. Blue troop and I, we'll be going straight forward." they all nod their heads before I give them the command to leave. 

We silently walk trough the dead and dark forest, every step taking us closer to that bastard of a demon. My soldiers become more tense and aggressive by the second as his darkness can be felt. An army of puppeteered vampires, werewolves and fallen angels stand in front of him, ready to fight us off. Through the crowd of creatures, I see him holding Aurora by chains as she sits on the ground with bloody clothes. 

I stop my men, knowing there's no reason for us to rush. While he stares at us, the red and green troops sneak onto his army, killing a few. I give my men the signal to attack and they all attack on my command. I stay behind, scouting for the demon who holds my love. 

He surprises me by running into the battlefield with Aurora dragging after him. 

I'm not losing anything tonight! Especially not Aurora!

I run in after him, biting into any and every enemy that comes in my way. I force my way through the battlefield, searching frantically after him and Aurora. I can feel her presence shift from place to place, almost as if she's a ghost, flickeringin and out of existence. 

I whip around, red eyes meeting mine from the other side of the battle. With a grin on his lips he watches me run towards him and even with my supernatural speed I'm to slow. Before I reach him, before I reach Aurora... he uses a blade that he had hidden from sight and stabs Aurora in the heart. As I reach her he disappears into the darkness.

I hold Aurora in my arms as I fall to the ground, her eyes still holding some warmth. Tears fill her eyes as she gives me a soft smile.

"I knew you'd come... I love you so much," her fragile voice whispers. 

"I'm so sorry!" There's nothing else that comes to mind. I'm sorry for being the way I was. I'm sorry for not realizing sooner. I'm sorry for being stubborn. I could've thought of a thousand other things to apologize for but when my eyes meet Aurora's, I only see peace.

"I love you," she whispers once more as if to tell me what she wants to hear. 

"I love you too..." 

A tear trickles down my cheek as Aurora's eyes grow cold and she takes her last breath. I feel my heart shatter into a thousand pieces before all my emotions die with her.

I've been nice enough, time for him to die.