59- This is real

Aurora's POV

A quiet knock from the door to my room indicates that Xander is here. With a smile on my face, I happily skip towards the door. As I open, Xander pokes his head inside with a smile of his own.

It's been like this for a month now, he comes here and we talk... for hours. I love it.

"Well hello there," I laugh as I let him inside before closing the door and walking over to my bed. He follows me while he holds his arms behind his back.

"Hi," he smiles as he reveals red roses from behind his back.

"They're great!" I smile as I grab them, bringing them close to my nose while my wings spread out of my back. He stares at my wings as his jaw drops. "They really are a mood killer," I awkwardly laugh as a slight blush creeps up onto my cheeks.

"They're beautiful..." he breathes, "may I touch them?"

My eyes go wide as I open and close my mouth, shock overtaking my senses. His gaze connects with mine as he smiles, showing his fangs. I nod my head as his calmness reaches me.

"Sure," I whisper as I move one of my wings closer to him. His warm hand gently touches my feathers, following the path of the wings. His touch becomes clearer with every stroke as his hand moves closer to my body.

I gasp as his hand gently stops at my waist.

"S-sorry," he stammers as he pulls away while his cheeks turn slightly pink. I smirk as I walk closer to him while my wings shrink back into my back.

"It's fine, I was just a little surprised," I whisper into his ear as my hands snake around his waist while I stand on my toes, trying to be taller.

"This is a bad idea," he breathes as my breath hits his neck, warming him up. His lips say something but his body wants something entirely different.

I sigh as I let go of him and lean away.

"You're right."

"Shit," he curses under his breath as he runs one hand through his hair. For a while, he stares at the floor while his jaw clutches and loosens. He whips his head up as our gazes meet and his eyes go dark with desire.

"Uh, Xander?" I ask as I slowly back away while he stalks closer. The desire in him burns brightly in my chest, making every step harder to take.

In a flash, he is in front of me before he throws me onto the bed behind me. He crawls onto the bed and hovers over me with a grin on his face. I want to lean up and kiss him but I can't or maybe I don't want to.

"Let go of your fear," he whispers into my ear as shivers run down my spine. "This is real, what we feel is real... let me show you how real it is."

I nod before his lips gently touch mine. Every kiss is longer and more desperate than the last until his lips stay on mine and his tongue touches my bottom lip.

I shove him off while growling, wanting him to move faster before I shuffle off of the bed.