17- Thank you for reminding me

Aurora's POV

"Why the hell did she just accuse me of something I didn't do?" I ask as the door shuts behind the girl that was just screaming at me and Xander. Xander turns around to look at me. 

"Because she's delusional." he sighs as he covers his face with his hand. Dark rings paints the skin under his eyes, there's no doubt in my mind that he's exhausted. 

"And what did she mean by 'You will pay for this'?" My stomach drops like an anchor at the thought of those words. My eyes flicker around the room, how will I pay exactly?

"Nothing you need to worry about." 

"What do you mean by that, my life just got threatened!" I shout as my hands tremble slightly at the thought of being killed, I'm getting out of this place alive and free. One day I will be free, until that day I will not let myself die, especially not if it's a crazy vampire trying to kill me.

"I won't let her kill you, okay?! Besides, I need you alive." Silence fills the room before a smirk grows on Xander's lips, "for now." he finishes off. I gulp down the sudden urge to run out the door. Xander's low chuckle fills the room and kills the silence as a shiver runs down my spine. 

"H-how about w-we make a deal?" My voice trembles and I need to sit down on the bed to restrain myself from falling.

"What kind of deal?" Xander asks as he walks towards his closet taking off the suit he's wearing before putting on a pair of sweatpants. 

"Instead of killing me... let me go, drop me off in the woods or something, just let me live." my words are bearly a whisper but I know he heard me. He chuckles as he climbs onto his bed, placing himself so that he sits, his back leaning against the headboard. 

"And what do I win out of doing so?"

"Anything you want." I'm almost begging at this point. 

All I want is to be free. 

"Hmm, tempting, my answer has to be... no," he says with a smile, my jaw almost drops to the floor. 

"Why?!" He leaves his spot on the bed and crawls over to me before grabbing ahold of my chin, forcing me to look at him. 

"Little Aurora, don't you see? I'm a preditor and I like to kill, so where would the fun be in letting you go?" Anger fills me, nothing more, not even fear. I'm asking him one little thing and he can't even give me that. I smack his hand away, a growl escapes his throat as his eyes turn red. Once again his hand clutches my throat.

"Let go of me!" I bark as I claw at his hand, trying to make him drop his grip. His hand tightens as he pulls me closer towards his face. 

"If I were in your position I would be careful about what I say and do to those who stand above me, remember that I could kill you with just one finger." His voice is low, "Did I make myself clear?" I nod my head before he let's go and I fall onto the bed, coughing. 

I almost forgot that not everyone is as kind as Ethan and Clairy, thank you for reminding me of that Xander.