Chapter 1: Welcome To The Maze

I woke up in a box that was only rising higher by the second. Next to me, lying on the floor, was a girl who was unconscious. There was blood running from a spot on her head where it had been hit. Wherever we were, we had to get out of here fast. 

              Especially if the girl was to survive. I ran my hands along all the four walls of the room, hoping to find doors. Nothing. It was so dark and the only light was coming from a red circle attached to one of the walls. The box was small, but big enough to not make them claustrophobic.

               The box suddenly jolted to a stop and an alarm sounded. I started screaming for help and I was breathing so hard, increasing my heart rate. The doors that I had mistaken for a ceiling were now opening slowly, letting in the sun rays."HELP US!!!", I screamed at the top of my lungs. The sun was blazing hot and my eyes were burning. The doors completely opened. "There are bloody girls in here!" yelled a young boy. My eyes adjusted. There were young boys everywhere staring at us. 

           The boy who previously opened the door had golden hair, a skinny yet strong looking body, and his eyes, oh, his eyes looked like they were hazel but, he was too far away to exactly know. He jumped in, moving the box. The girl next to me groaned, she held herself up. "Where the bloody hell am I?!", she screamed. The boy who was in the box picked her up. With her over his back, she struggled. "Bring her up here", said a boy. "Let's have a look", said another. He put her down out of the box. Right before he could get out of the box as well, she ran. Top speed. I got out and ran with her, pushing the boys out of my way. Some tried to grab my arms but i turned around and slapped them. We ran together and before we knew it, the boys tackled us down so hard that we passed out.

We woke up in a dirt pit with bamboo tied together as if it was some sort of trap. We leaned against the walls. "You okay", the young girl asked holding her head in her hands. "I'm Stella", she said. Smirking.

"I'm Violet"

She looked mad. She looked like she desperately wanted to get out. "Let's make a plan when they open the doors, we run.", Stella said. I nodded. I heard footsteps. The same boy who lifted Stella out of the box bent down next to the trap. "My name is Newt. And, welcome to the maze.", he said with his soft but stern voice. "Have they calmed down yet?", said another boy who looked in through a crack. "Not yet.". "Don't be scared, I'm Ben". He smirked. The doors opened. "Come with us", Newt said grabbing our arms. I wasn't sure where he was taking us, but Stella and I didn't wait. With a nod of her head, we started running. We never stopped just ran. All I could see were trees everywhere and huts. We were getting closer to one of the huge openings in the walls. I didn't want to go in there but I needed to get out, we both did. Stella started running slower and slower until she collapsed on the ground. Not now. Not when we're three feet away from escape! I took a knee on the grass right next to her. She was unconscious once again due to all the blood loss. I could hear the boy's footsteps approach. "Seriously?!", Newt walked up with Ben next to him. He kneeled down and checked her pulse. "She is unconscious", he told Ben. I started to feel woozy. I couldn't hold myself up. Then I black out. "Crap", said Newt."Ok.... Let's take them both to the emergency hut."

More boys came up to Ben and Newt. Then, In a blink of an eye, they threw us over their shoulders. Although I didn't recognize who it was who carried me. Because it couldn't be Newt's nor Ben's. Newt's shoulders looked too boney and Ben's looked too muscular.

Then, I went fully went unconscious.