Chapter 10: Lost And Found

I ended up in a place with huge slim metal plates. All the plates were lined up in horizontal rows, vertical to the floor. I didn't even know how long I had been running for, but the sun had begun to set making everything look like gold.

Then I heard a panting

Real human panting.

I hoped that the other Runners hadn't found me. Or worse; Minho, Thomas, and Newt. Part of me did want it to be them. Just to prove they were okay. They're also Runners, they can take care of themselves.

As I rounded the corner, I could see the shadow of a person. Curvy silhouette, long, straight hair.

Stella.

"Stella!", I screamed, forgetting for a second about the Grievers. I rounded the corner and stood face to face with a confused girl holding a shovel.

I was right, it was her.

"Stella!! Oh my god!!", I screamed. I felt so anxious to get to her. My head was spinning.

I started to run towards her. Her face changed as I got closer. She had a long scratch on her face. Blood was dripping from her cheek. Her eyes are what really scared me. They were mixed with emotion. She looked scared and sad. To be honest she like she came straight from hell.

She put her finger on her lips. "SHHHH", Her voice was so scary that it gave me goosebumps.

She dropped the shovel. Then, A loud screech came from what I believe was the blades. They started to move. They started to close in around us.. I grabbed her wrist and dragged her. I didn't care if she wanted to come with me or not. We started to run forward. Trying to catch up to the blades. Then, I spotted something that looked like a metal door. I thought for a second. Maybe, just, maybe we can make it to the door. Stella shook her head. 

Then, she pointed to the blades that were almost catching up to us. 

We had to cross to get to the other side If we wanted a chance to get back to the Glade. I letted got of her wrist. Then, we ran. Stella ran like there was no tomorrow. She got an opening through the blades and took the chance. SHe ran right through them. 

I started to run. Almost all of the blades where closed. Finally, I got my opening I was longing for. I ran through the Blade.

 I was so scared. Frightened that I was gonna get squashed like a fly. Stella came up to me and touched my shoulder. I opened and realized that I made it through the blade. I was in shock that we just experienced that. We took a moment to catch our breath. We had barely any energy left to run towards the maze. So we walked.

We got closer to the maze's walls. Knowing that we were not gonna make it to the glade. "We should head to the map room", I said. 

She nodded. I was really scared for her. She hasn't said a word since the night before. I was scared to know what she experienced without me. 

Stella, Are you gonna talk to me? What happened to you? Did you see a griever, Did you see a body? STELLA! Talk to me, please. I can't handle this without you. Stella, please.

I felt a tear fall down my face. She had a blank expression on her face. She started running towards a large hut. "THE MAP ROOM!!!", Stella said. I smiled. I was glad that she actually talked. It didn't matter that she said 3 words. At least she said something.

 We desperately ran to the hut, thankful to have found a refuge. But of course, nothing comes that easy.