Chapter 8: The Boycott Club

Stella and I walked inside the huge hut, called the Homestead, with Minho and Newt right behind us.

"So lovely you decided to join us girls. Ah, Minho, Newt, great to see ya shanks. Let's get to it, so we can decide which punishment to give to your girlfriends", Ben said.

"We're not their girlfriends. Does it look like we need a couple of shanks to take care of us?", Stella screamed, hoping that it wouldn't offend Newt or Minho.

From the moment I saw Ben, I knew I wasn't going to like him. I didn't understand why people were so scared of him just because he was First-in-Command. Looked like he was more scared of our potential than he was of a Griever.

"We're not here to discuss your relationships, we're here to punish you", Ben said slowly as if he hadn't gotten the message out clearly.

"Why are we getting punished this time?", I asked. I expected Ben to answer with a snarl, but instead it was Newt who replied.

"You guys ran into the maze without being runners. It's one of the most important rules. Not to mention you killed a Griever."

I was sure the last sentence was meant to be heard by our little telepathic group only; regret was written all over his face as he said it. At the sound of that Thomas's eyes widened, Minho nudged Newt, and everyone else erupted in an argument.

"Thanks for the information buddy. Now, I don't know about you but, I say they have to get banished."

"Woah, Woah", Thomas was now out of his seat, " we only banish people who got stung. They don't pose that type of threat. I'm against it." He got a few nods in response.

"Your right, Thomas. But the threat they bring is breaking our society apart. They think they can just show up and throw the rules aside. These shuck girls killed a Griever! Not even Minho could do that", A few laughed and Minho glared at Ben, " They probably work for the Creators. Who knows what other klunk they can do!"

Stella nudged me. Other klunk as in talk telepathically. Yikes.