Chapter 10: Lost And Found

I turned away from Minho, letting the words sink in. It was hard not to scream, to release my anger on him. Newt, on the other hand, looked truculent.

Minho, he started, tell me your joking so I won't have to punch your bloody nose.

Minho shook his head.

I'm not joking.

Newt got up and walked in front of Minho, not caring that the sunlight exposed his cover.

Then he punched Minho's nose. Minho's hands flew up to his nose in pain. Newt was about to punch him again when Thomas came and held him back.

You bloody slinthead! You could've warned us!

He was breathing heavily and his hands were clenched. He sat against the wall once more and ran his hand through his golden locks. Drowning in the darkness.

I couldn't stand it. I couldn't stand Newt's sadness, I couldn't stand Thomas's calm manner. I couldn't stand Minho's eyes filled with regret.

I'm leaving.

They all turned to face me.

What do you mean?, asked Thomas.

I'm going to look for her. We can cover more ground if we split up.

Thomas nodded his head, You can go with Minho.

No. I'm going alone. I can't stand Newt's outrage the same way that I can't stand Minho. I can't look at any of you right now.

They all looked down, knowing that they couldn't stop me. Newt looked at me and whispered, "I wish you guys would have never shown up in that bloody box. You cause too much pain with those pretty faces." He turned away, his way of letting me go. 

Before I turned away Thomas grabbed my arm. "Find her. Bring her back." I slipped away from his grasp nodding my head. Minho didn't bother to say anything. I didn't want him to, at the same time that I wished he did.

I knew my tears were visible by now, who cares? I started jogging, moving further away from the company. I didn't dare turn around, afraid that I would regret my decision to leave. I didn't know how to feel. I felt angry at Minho; he had been selfish. 

I trusted him with my life. How could he? The anger made me run faster and I no longer cared if I made noise.