Chapter 4: Must Get Out Of Here

"We are so dead! Are you guys bloody insane? Yes, yes you are." I was happy I couldn't hear Newt's screaming. My head was hurting from trying to talk to Minho.

Newt was now approaching me, and he didn't look happy.

"We are all going to die in here and I'm going to blame it on you! Both of you put us in so much danger. Ben was right. Shuck!" He just wouldn't stop screaming at us, but I couldn't get myself to tell him to stop.

N-newt, please stop screaming. My head is going to explode. Minho, water.

Minho glared at Newt and walked over to me. Stella just stood there scared and afraid, but she looked confident. Minho handed me a bottle of water and I chugged it down, already feeling better.

"It was me. I made up this plan. I told her to run with me. I'm sorry I didn't know", Stella said. Her voice cracked, but I didn't want her to cry. Newt's face seemed to soften and he walked on over to Stella, embracing her in a hug. He then limped over to where I was and said," I'm sorry for screamin' at ya. We have to stick together. I'll try to be nice if it gets us out of this bloody Maze." Then he lend me his hand and and pulled me up from the ground. I was staring straight into his eyes, although it was hard because his hair was covering his face.

Thanks shuck face.

He laughed and I joined him. Stella made a coughing sound and he broke away the grip he had on my hand. Maybe Newt wasn't so bad, now that I knew his story.

"From now on we cannot have a two people conversation; we can't risk for anybody to get a headache again", I said.

"Good that", Newt said.

"We have to find shelter from the Grievers. Follow me and stay close", Minho said. He wasn't joking I could tell by his serious tone of voice. We started jogging turning left,left,right, left; following Minho. Then we heard a sound. A loud shriek that made my skin tingle. It was the definition of horrifying. And I knew that if I made it back to the Glade, I wasn't going to sleep for days. I still didn't know what had made the sound, but judging by the look on Newt and Minho's face they totally knew.

"Griever. That's not good at all ! Follow me." Minho started running for shelter, with us trailing behind.