Chapter 5: One Goes, One Stays

I was in a field with another girl. We were running around a field of wheat, laughing and dancing, and it all seemed perfect. Then the girl hugged me and said. "Your the best sister ever. Promise me you'll never forget me."

"I promise. Everything will be alright. Brother and I will protect you. We love you-"

Before I could get the girls name, the Griever cut off my dream and threw me against the wall like he did with Newt. Fortunately, the entrance to the Glade wasn't far, and with the Griever limping, I could make it if I ran fast enough. Big if.

I grabbed the knife and sprinted because my life depended on it. I could hear the Grievers unsteady footsteps as it approached me. I turned and I could see a group of boys and Stella, crowding the entrance, waiting for my arrival. My heart was beating so fast that I was sure it was unhealthy. I could hear their screams and encouragements to keep going.

Then the doors started to close.

Stella started sobbing and Newt took her away, Thomas covered chucks eyes, Minho was screaming along with the others. I didn't want it to end this way, this wasn't the end, not today. I ran even faster, if that was possible, and I made it just in time, hearing the Griever crash into the wall with a satisfying crash. I collapsed on the floor. There were gasps all around me. They started to clap. And, Newt ,with Stella still sobbing in his arms, Turned around. "No bloody way!". I ran towards Stella. I gave her a hug, but she didn't turn around. "What is wrong? We are save!", Still with no response, everyone gathered by her side. I turned her around to see her face. Shock got the best of me.