Chapter 13: New Member

The world went still. Everything was quiet and still. Then my head started pounding hard and a screeching sound filled my ears. I was forced to close my eyes and look at the flashing colors flowing. This time I wasn't in the infirmary, I was positioned on my hammock. I could tell that someone was standing next to me, but I kept my eyes closed wanting to be left alone.

"We should let her sleep",Chuck whispered.

"I need her to wake up. All of us need to talk because now nothing makes sense", Minho responded.

"Let her rest. She just found out Thomas is her brother, that must be hard on a person", Chuck said.

"Chuck I wanna give you a big hug right now", I said, eyes still closed.

"Violet, wake up", I heard Thomas say.

"Can you just pretend I'm still asleep", I said.

"Maybe. But you made that mistake, princess", Minho said. I couldn't see him but I knew he was wearing a smirk on his face.

I felt him pull me up and I let him; I didn't have the energy to get up on my own.

"Great you can't even get a decent amount of sleep in this place", I mumbled.

"How can you rest in this place, knowing there's no way out?", Minho asked.

"We don't know that yet", I responded walking towards Ben.

He looked up from the weeds and gave me a challenging glare. I walked up to him hands on hips letting him know I wasn't going to back down.

"What do you want?", He said in a threatening tone.

"I want to confirm that I'm a Runner now", I said smiling.

"Yeah you win", He said looking back down at the ground.

"Aren't you going to show me to the map room", I whispered in his ear.

Men were stupid. We are the only weakness.

I could tell he had tensed up at my actions and the stare I was getting from Minho was inevitable.

He dropped the rake and gestured for Minho, Thomas and Newt to come.

I tried to act sweet towards Ben even though I hated the guy to death. However, what were either of us gaining making enemies. If I ever ended up with him in the maze, I would rather have him as an ally.

We arrived at the map room located in the middle of the Deadheads. I always marveled at the map the Runners had made of the maze. It was a constant reminder that there was no escape. Unless-