chapter fourteen

☆

☆.。.:*   Blaise .。.:*☆

Shuffling footsteps sounded from inside the door. Standing outside the room, the sweet fragrance of honeysuckle and jasmine verbena, tinged parchment paper rippled towards him.

      Blaise Zabini distinguished the fragrance, he felt a welcoming warmth in his stomach every time he scented it. Such warmth emitted from her room- from her. It was a warmth that they rarely regarded around the manor. He acknowledged that her arrival had caused some quandaries, was aware of the reluctance of letting her stay with them but he hadn't failed to notice the bright warmth she'd somehow brought into the manor. It was difficult to ignore, no matter how hard they all tried to go back to normal...but the atmosphere didn't feel so dark anymore.

Blaise knocked before he heard her small voice allowing him to enter.

    He still couldn't believe that he had a sibling, still hadn't gotten accustomed to it. There were some days where it didn't seem at all real, those days he would check up on her to prove he wasn't dreaming. It was incredibly odd, but a part of him had seemingly always known that some portion of his life was still missing.

   It wasn't until his mother had told him of Hermione's existence when the pit in his heart seemed to fill up again.

     To have a sister. A miracle.

   "You all ready?" He asked her, taking in her disordered room- bits of clothes scattered on her bed, Hermione stuffed a pile of neatly folded clothes into an enchanted duffle bag.

     Hermione smiled, her face glowing.

That was another thing they weren't used to seeing in the manor- a smile.

"Yup," She answered, hands on her hip as she examined the bag, "Wait!"

    Blaise eyed her as she stalked over to a bookshelf scanning until she picked up a small yet thick book, throwing it into the bag.

     "Nice throw," He stated, taking a seat on an elegant chair before her desk. She grinned at him and muttered her thanks.

  "Will you be accompanying me?" Hermione asked him.

Hermione had been preparing to stay with the Weasleys, three days since she'd told them the news. He wasn't quite sure how to feel about it. The Weasley's and Zabini's didn't have any arguments, though he was aware of how they might perceive him. Then again, Hermione had grown up with the Weasley's and even Potter. He'd heard about her spending countless days with them- they were more her family than them. The thought of it didn't particularly sit right with him.

      "I can if you want me to." He answered.

"I'd like that," She answered, "I want to introduce you to some of my friends."

    Blaise knew that his eyes must've widened at the idea.

To meet and talk with some of her friends- he didn't think that it would be a good idea. Considering his reputation, not to mention his companions. Blaise had always been slightly intrigued by her friends. He'd always...respected them for their loyalty towards Hermione and their will to fight for their friends and family. But to actually talk to them- Blaise almost flinched.