chapter eighteen

☆

☆.。.:* The Morning .。.:*☆

The morning sun stretched to cover the sheath that comfortably warmed her entire body. Sun rays peeked through the curtained window, they were so high up that Hermione could only see the cloudless cerulean sky.

"Ginny," Hermione mummbled, admiring the beautiful cloudless view. The girl beside her stirred, her red hair flowing over her face and pillows. Mumbling in her haze.

"Ginny," Hermione whined, shoving the girl lightly to wake her. The horizon was gleaming, fluorescent colors of amber, gold, and azure, blending in a beautiful illustration. It reminded Hermione of a gorgeous painting her mother kept on display, inside their small muggle home. There was so much life inside the painting, so much vibrance. The girl beside her only lifted a pillow up against her head, then drifted off to sleep.

Hermione heard light steps approaching the room, a soft click indicating the door was being unlocked. Hermione smiled deftly towards the entrance. A figure standing on the doorway. Harry Potter smiled gently down at her, walking towards the window-seat on the left side of the room, the side closest to her. Her eyes followed him as he did so, taking up a seat and curling his legs against his chest.

"What're you doing up so early?" She asked him. He looked at her with a considerate expression, melting her heart. Hermione had never seen him so amicable, his features were eased in an impartial sense. She thought that he looked so much younger nowadays, seeming so much younger than she'd seen him in years.

"I was just going to check up on you" Harry replied, then turned his attention back to the window, "the view caught my eye," Hermione was careful when she pushed the cover back, swinging her legs off the bed as she walked to sit beside Harry. She leaned her head on his shoulders, both watching the sunrise.

"It's been so long since I've felt this peaceful," He stated, "I don't even think I've ever felt this peaceful...ever,"

Hermione lifted her head and saw the sorrow lurking beneath.

"I know and I'm happy that things are looking up now," Hermione said. She too, felt as if the world was being more sympathetic to them. It was like time had stopped, giving them back all the stolen memories, providing them with another opportunity to be kids once more...but it was evident that it wouldn't be the same. The events that had happened leading up to this moment was frightening to her, but she truly felt at peace, even after being whisked away by the pureblood strangers. She'd forgotten how much more at home she felt at the burrow, with the Weasleys, and with Harry. Her heart beating in lightly against her chest, her smile broadened, breathing in the charming country air.

"So tell me," Harry said, turning his head, "Are you really happy going back to that manor?" Genuine concern was apparent across his face.

Happy. Happy would entirely be an overstatement for her return. She was more apprehensive about going back. Sure, Hermione was excited to see Blaise once more and plunge into the extensive queen-sized mattress then bury herself beneath the satin sheets of her bed, back to the glorious chambers housing all her beloved books and she daresay the lavish wardrobe. As much as she attempted to despise the whole situation, Hermione began to enjoy the leisure that came with it, she frequently sought out the good side of every situation. Though she was far from being happy. Hermione's idea of happiness was getting a tender feeling of warmth scouring throughout her body, the knowledge of security and stability- recognizing that she's fulfilled in life. It would be the same feeling she got every time she spent time with the Weasley's. Happiness was being well aware that she's in the company of people she trusted wholeheartedly. She couldn't lie to herself about being happy living inside the manor, not after the odd instances that happened with Lucius and Draco Malfoy, not after all the pain it caused her to live with the same people responsible for inflicting so much harm towards people she loved. No, she wholeheartedly believed that she would never be happy living with them. Not until they were willing to change.