Training

It was breakfest before we went into are links again. Grace was talking about  Jake. "The last thing we see
is this marine's ass disappearing in the bush with this angry Thanator coming after him and Bella trying to help him. " They all laughed. "It's not something you could teach." I said with a smile. "For reasons I cannot fathom the Omaticaya have chosen you. God help us all." Grace flashed a smile.

We were up too talking with my father and Parker. "Jarhead clan?And it worked?" Dad asked. "Yep, while I have no clan. " I laughed. "We're practically family.They're gonna study Jake. "U say as Jake smiles "I have to learn to be one of them." My dad pats him on the back. "That's called taking initiative son,Wish I had ten more like you, and you Bell" Dad hugged my side. I frowned. "Sully, just find out what the blue monkeys want." Parker tells him. "We tried to give them medicine, education...Roads, but no, they like mud.And that wouldn't bother me, it's just that they're..." He touches the map and gets upset. "Can somebody just...Sector 12." He says as someone forwards it to the stop. "Stop. Jesus I said stop! " He frowns at the worker. "Their damn villagehappens to be resting on the richest Unobtanium deposit within 200 clicks in any direction." It's a picture of the tree with the whole inside lit up. "I mean, look at all that chatter." He smiles at it. "Who gets them to move?" I ask. "Guess." Dad says but by his tone I know it's him. "What if they won't go?" I ask him. "I'm betting that they will." Dad smiles. "Killing the indigenous looks bad. But there's one thing that shareholders hate more than bad press. And that's a bad corely statement." Parker says shrugging. "I didn't make up the rules.
So just find me a carrot that will get them to move.Otherwise it's going to
have to be his stick.You got three months,that's when the dozers get there." Jake smiled leaning back in his wheelchair. "We're wasting time." Parker chuckled. "I like this guy." Dad looked down at me with a grin. "How is it going for you? " I sighed. "Okay, they have me training with Izar a warrior from there clan. " He nodded and left. What did he expect me to say? I found a way to destroy the tree and I'm going to be the one to shoot it down on a father and daughter bonding kill spree?  I was against this whole thing! I was blending in with the people and hoping that somehow Eywa would allow us to become one with each other. And I wanted to save home tree! Not destroy it. And I alone needed to figure it out.

––––––——––————––––––—————– We were running through with Jake about the people who were important at the home tree. "OK, let's run through them again." Grace said flashing the tablet. "Moat, dragon lady." Was the first one. "Eytuken." Was the second one but he was off on how to say it. "Eytukan" I said. "Make sure you say it correctly. " I sigh. "He's the clan leader,
she's their spiritual leader. Like a shaman." Grace said. " Got it." Jake nodded. We stopped by his link first. "Tsutey." I frowned. " Tsu'tey" I said. "He'll be the next clan leader." I sadly smile. "Neytiri." Jake smiles getting into the link. "She'll be the next Tsahik.
They become a mated pair." Grace said. It broke my heart to her it but it was true. They were meant for each other. "So who's this Eywa?" Jake asks. "Who's Eywa?!" Norm says back. Sounding upset. "Only their deity, their goddess
made up of all living things.Everything they know. You'd know this ifyou had any training whatsoever." Norm said. "Who's got a date with the chief's daughter?" Jake grinned laying down. Grace smirked "Let's go, village life starts early." I head to my link. "Don't do anything unusually stupid." I yell to him. I hop in and close my eyes going blank.

I was sitting with Izar learning more of the language. He smirked as I tried to pronounce another word. " 'ampi " He nods. "It means 'touch'. " He looks at me. "Tutee  neu  moe" I frown. "What does that mean? " I ask. He moves closer. "I want you. " He whispers. I frown at him. "Oh" I look down. "What are you doing Izar?! " I look up to see and upset Tus'tey. Izar smiles. "My job, teaching her our ways. " They start arguing in there language so I don't understand. "What are you here for? " Izar finally asks him. I look at him wondering the same. "I'm here to take her to her next lesson. Since your wanted for hunting. " Tus'tey says. Izar nods and looks at me. "We will continue our lessons when I get back. " He smirks getting up. As he passes Tus'tey he bumps into his shoulder hard. I frown at them. They are like children!

I follow him. "What is next? " I ask him. "We are going tracking. " He says walking fast. I follow him into the forest. "You need to look for tracks. " He says. I nod and look around the dirt. Nothing but.... "I found some! " I yell excited. I point to the dog like footprints. "You find Viper wolf. " He says in English. "Follow them but do not make sound. " I follow the tracks. It leads to a waterfall. "There! " I whisper hiding behind a tree. "Where? " He asks leaning on me slightly. I feel myself blush. "Oh, um that way. " I whisper pointing. He looks at me. "Let me just..." I move my foot and slip. He catches my arm and hold me close. "Be careful. " He whispers down to me. I look up not being able to look away. He moves my hair aside looking at me without a word said. In this moment it's perfect.  I stand on my tippy toes and kiss him. He pushed me against the tree more dropping his arrow. I never felt so happy and wrong and the same time! It was a rush! "No! " I whispered turning away. What was I doing?! I couldn't do this to Netriyi. Even if I didn't know her I couldn't. I wouldn't be that girl. "Why?" He asked me. I looked at him. "Because I won't be that girl who takes another man from his whatever she is to you. " I grab my bow off the ground. I didn't realize I even dropped it. "We are to become the next leaders but that isn't what I want. " He reaches for my necklace. "Do you know why I give to you? " He used english. "Because I wanted you to be my mate. Not Netiryi. She is okay but I've chosen you. " I smile at him. "And the more I watch her it seems she wants the warrior man. " I frown. "Jake? " I ask. He nods. "It doesn't matter. We will be just friends and I will train with you and Izar with no problems. " I walk away but he grabs my hand and pulls me. "Friends?" He questions. He kisses me slowly. "Friends who did this. " He grins grabbing his bow. "Come. We still have a lesson '' he jumps off the waterfalls. I follow him were we met at the bottom in a fit of smiles.  What was I doing? When I was around him its like I forgot my morals. I was someone else.

" You will learn to ride. " He gestured to a horse like animal. I looked at it with a gentle smile. "Easy boy. " I whispered touching him. "How do you know it's boy? " Tus'tey asked me. "Because it is nervous around me. Just like you. " I flash a grin before looking back at him. He smiles and grabs my hand. "Feel his heartbeat. " He whispers placing my hand over the animals chest. "His breath. " The horse breathes in. "His strong legs. " I close my eyes and feel connected to him." This is the Sa'helu The bond. " He shows me.I take the end of my hair and connect it to his helu.His eyes go wide and I feel connected. I jump on while Tus'tey holds him. "Now, in your head you tell him where to go. For now you will say it out loud. " I nod and look forward. "Forward! " I say. He jumps making me fall off the back and land in the mud. Behind me I hear laughter. I stand up and see Jake with Netryri laughing. "You know nothing sky person. " Tus'tey says defending me. "I knew you could speak English. " Jake smiled. I noticed he was also dirty. "Looks like you fell too. " I tell him. He looks down and smiles. "That's cause I did. " He replies. "This alien will never learn. Just look at him! The rock understands better. " He laughs. Netryri smiles a tiny bit. "Again." She tells Jake. "Same for you. " Tus'tey tells me while looking at her. I nod and try again this time successful but I can't help but feel jealous. After all she was better than me.