New beginnings

Jake's Pov

The Aliens went back to their dying world.....A few chose to stay. Fewer were chosen.

No ones pov

Max, Norm, and a few of the avatars hold AR's as the personnel of Hell's Gate file up the cargo ramp of the remaining shuttle. The evicted humans are sullen and angry. Jake and Neytiri stand together, watching the departure of the Sky People. Parker shuffles up the ramp. His eyes -- the eyes of a lost soul -- meet Jakes. He disappears into the ship.

In the Rainforest

Jake's Pov

Everything was slowly getting back to normal.  The forest will heal, and so will the hearts of the People. New life keeps the energy flowing, like the breath of the world. Life was coming just as it left. 

No one's Pov

Children jump into the water laughing and playing. A baby Na'vi looks at Neytiri making her smile. 

She sees Jake with a fish on a spear. Dinner for tonight.

 Jake sets the food on the ground with a smile as he touches her stomach. Neytiri places a hand over his now touching her stomach as well. Both of them smile, happy they brought new life into this world.

Jakes Pov

Neytiri was expecting our first.  She was going to need me more in this body including the village which helped me make the choice to move into my Avatar Body permanently. Life was on track for me finally! But for Bella......life was getting harder for her by the day.

Bella's Pov

"Hey guys, this is my last video log." I fake a smile at the camera. "My pregnancy has gotten harder since ......he died a few days ago. I was told my Avatar body was weak from the fight and going back and forth between my two bodies was taking too much energy and was going to make me deliver too early. So, I decided to permanently stay in my Avatar body" I shifted in my chair uncomfortable as I looked around the old lab. "I feel so dead inside.... But I promised him I would move forward and live for our children and for him...... '' a tear slipped down my face. "I ask Ewya for strength and help to get through this pain, I pray she watches over my children.... I beg her to not take them from me, my heart cannot bare anymore loss... On a happy note, I am excited to see your little faces my babies....I hope you look just like your father... Looks like I have to go, it's almost time for my ceremony...  " I shut off the camera sighing. 

 It had been a week since everyone left. 

Another week since we started a new home. 

And two weeks of straight heartbreak for me. 

It felt like half of me was missing, nothing was the same anymore.

Life wasn't right without him...

And it never would be...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No ones pov

WELL OF SOULS - NIGHT

The willows glow softly. The entire Omaticaya clan is gathered, seated in a prayer circle around the Mother Tree.

Everyone is moving, all connected to the mother tree and softly chanting. In the center, is Mo'at, watching and chanting, leading the people. 

Jake is kneeling beside two figures on the ground. 

Bella and her Avatar lie head-to-head. Na'vi Jake is holding Bella's hand as she stares at him. 

Bella's Pov

I laid naked wearing an exomask. I was so scared and nervous with only Jake left. He was now my brother and the only person I trusted my life with, If something went wrong I knew he would do everything he could to help me. 

As the ceremony starts my body begins to be covered in translucent silken shrouds of Root-cilia. I take a deep breath before my eyes get heavy. Before my eyes close, I swear I see Grace and Tus'tey looking at me from behind Jake. I smile before my eyes close... "There here..." I whisper.

Jakes pov

"There here..." Bella whispers before her eyes close. I smile smoothing her hair back before I remove the mask from her human face. Her grip on my hand goes limp, her breathing stops. I kiss her cheek before standing. Neytiri comes to my side placing a hand on my shoulder. I smile holding her close to me.

I just hopped she was strong enough to pass. I couldn't lose her like Grace. We had gotten closer during this whole thing, and she was family to me now. Other than Neytiri, and our unborn baby she was the only family I had left from my past. 

Me and Neytiri watch her Avatar waiting. When the chant stops, we all go silent. 

Her body stays still.

I start to get anxiety.

A moment skips by us. Neytiri holds my hand. "Jake, it's been too long..." 

I frown at her "No, she's got this, she's just taking longer than me" I knew how the process went, and if it was like mine, she had a few people to say goodbye too.

The vine glowed brightly slowly undoing. I held my breath waiting for her to take her first breath in her Avatar body...

And then.... they opened.....