Chapter 7: You're in love with...who?

"What in the name of chicken nuggets just happened?" I voice out loud.

Jake chuckles beside me, holding a fist to his mouth.

"Stop laughing." I say, sticking out my tongue at him.

"Sorry, but why chicken nuggets?" He asks, trying to withold his laughter. I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

"Because, chicken nuggets are life, my true love and because we're in a McDonald's, genuis."

He gaps, holding is fist to his heart in mock hurt. "Ah, Ella. I am wounded."

I laugh, he always has been the drama queen.

"Jake," I say, my tone turning more serious, "what are we going to do?"

Jake stops his act and frowns before walking over to me and wrapping me up in his arms.

"I don't know." he whispers into my hair.

"What if Noelle falls for him?" I ask.

There is a few minutes of silence, barely any sound except of the McDonald's workers in the background yelling at each other for orders. The restuarant is now empty, no other customers in sight.

"Ella, it's late." Jake finally whispers, breaking the silence.

I look up at him, "But Jake, what if-"

"Ella, stop. That won't happen." Jake confirms.

I look down and take his hand before we walk out of the McDonald's. I get into his car and lean back, letting him start the car and pull out in silence.

I don't know why I am so worried about this. I'm not in love with Noah, not anymore. It's not jealousy, it's almost aniexty. Something about him makes me worried, scared even. I don't want him to hurt her like he did me.

"Ella." Jake almost yells.

I jump and look at him, my heart racing.

"What?" I ask suprised.

He sighs, "I have been asking you the same question for the past five minutes."

I bite my lip, "Sorry Jake, what is it?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to let you know that were at your house." He mumbles, looking away.

I look at my fingers as they tremble slightly. My eyes are heavy, begging for sleep and my brain is foggy. I just want to turn into a recluse and sleep forever.

"So, goodnight, I guess." I say, opening the car door.

I feel his hand grab me and I am pulled back in backwards and I don't have any time to scream before his lips crash onto mine. I lay my back on his arm rest and he kisses me softly from above, it's in an awkward position but nevertheless the kiss sends me into overdrive.

I finally break of the kiss and look up at him, breathing hard.

"Now, smile." He says, his lips spreading into a grin.

I can't help myself as my mouth spreads into a smile and I giggle.

He laughs and pecks my lips again, "There's my girl's smile."

I sit up and tell him goodnight before I open the car door again and get out.

He rolls down the window and yells, "Goodnight, my truest love!"

I laugh and blow him a kiss, watching him drive down the road.

I rush inside and walk upstairs, ignoring my mother, who is making out with another guy on her couch. I take a deep breath and keep walking before reaching my door and slamming it close; I slide down against the door, covering my eyes with my hands.

My mother doesn't care when I'm out, when I get home, where I go. But, she used to. She used to care a lot, about my grades, about my eating, about curfew. But now, it's like we forget each other exists. I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt.

It's like I now mean absoultely nothing to someone who I looked up to. It felt like in one day, she just snapped, and I was left in this world on my own. The day dad left, they day I became invisible. That was also the day Noah found me, outside, alone, tired and in my rawest form. I opened up to him, and I don't know why.

Jake was gone on vacation with his parents, the day I needed him most. But, Noah was there. He listened to me, every word. He didn't laugh or judge me, because he has a father who was the same way. And, that's why I started to fall for him. Because Jake couldn't and won't ever be able to connect with me like Noah can.

And maybe, a reason why I don't want Noelle or any other girl to fall for Noah, is because, deep down inside, I feel like I am the only one who is good for him. Well, was good for him. He stil holds all my secrets and I am afraid he will tell them to the world. I still don't understand why he hasn't yet.

He can hurt me, but he can't tell my dirty, little secrets?

I look up and out my window, the moonlight shining through the balcony across from me. I which my life wasn't like a stupid soap opera.

I stare out the clear glass a little longer before I stand up and get dressed into one of Jake's t-shirts and sweatpants again. As I lay in bed, I get a text from Jake,

You are the light to my dark world, the voice I hear in my head, the love and warmth in my heart. For you, I would do anything. You are my whole world, my everything. And you will always be, forever. And forever, I will be yours.

Goodnight Ella Grace,

-Jake

I smile as I tear up and hold my phone to my chest. This is why I love him, because he doesn't just say these words, he proves them through his actions. Jake loves me, and I know it. And I love him, soon I will be able to tell him.

I curl up into bed and close my eyes, a smile plastered on my face.

.

.

.

The next morning I wake up and take a warm shower before getting dressed into shorts and a Beatles t-shirt.

I walk downstairs and pop a piece of bread into the toaster and open up the refrigerator to grab some strawberry jam.

"Good Morning."

I turn around to find that the voice belongs to my mother. Her hair is tied up into a messy bun, her eyes are shadowed by dark circles. She is dressed in a camisole, pajama shorts and a light blue robe.

I turn away and look back into the fridge for the jam, choosing to purposely to ignore her greeting.

"If you're looking for the strawberry jam, Harry ate it all last night. He was hungry." She says with a yawn.

I frown and turn to her, "Who is Harry?"

She goes and gets a cup of coffee, "This is nice. The first we've talked in a while. How is Noah?"

I feel a sharp pain go through my chest as well as anger. I turn to her and slam the refrigerator door. I am annoyed that she ignored my question, even though I know the answer. But I am even more upset that she asked about Noah, of all people.

"We broke up. A long time ago. And you would know if you would even care the slightest bit about my life." I snap.

I see hurt flash across her eyes as she tries to smile.

"I'm sorry Ella." She mumbles, running her finger around her coffee cup.

I scoff, "Yeah, right. You're not sorry. And for your information, I am with Jake now."

She looks up at me, surprised.

I start to walk out of the room and toward the living room. Anger is still surging through my chest and brain.

"And for you're information," I snap, opening the front door, "Noah turned into someone just like you and you're man sluts."