Chapter 13: Drunk Driving

Hey! Quick message! I just wanted to remind you to read Chapter 12 which was weirdly put behind the authors announcement? I dunno, Wattpad is weird sometimes lol Anywho, enjoy!

Noah's POV

After sitting on the park bench for an hour, and watching that beautiful sunrise, I decided to go back home. I was missing my warm bed and enclosed room. Honestly, right now all I want is to be alone.

I turn the street corner and flick the cigarette from my fingers into the sidewalk. I don't smoke often, in fact I swore I would quit the habit, but this was an exception.

I don't know what to do with my emotions. I am torn between being pissed off at the world or flat out breaking down.

And the only thing that runs through my head is Noelle. My girl.

She was always my girl, always. She had not dated any other man before because she said she wanted to "save herself for the right one."

And for some reason, she picked me. For what reason, I will never know. But I am sure as hell glad she did.

As I near my house, I catch a glimpse of a girl with blonde hair. I look up from watching my feet and notice that it's Ella.

Wait, why is she walking into my house?

Confused, I start to follow her in. I can't see too much of her face, but I do catch her deep, sorrowful eyes. I stop and watch the house as she closes the door.

Why did she go into my house?

I stand there for another few minutes in confusion and decide to go inside and check on her.

Heck, maybe she's drunk. I would be.

I walk up to the front door and pull the knob, swinging the door open. As soon as I enter I notice it's pitch black.

Why didn't she turn on the lights?

I walk into the kitchen and gasp. My heart races as I watch a drunk Ella stumble around, blood seeping from her hands.

Her glass is empty with what previously must have been the wine in my mothers wine closet. It scared me to know how she knew it was there.

Without another thought I race towards her.

"Ella! What the hell did you do?" I yell.

I grab her waist, her eyes slowly closing. I pick her up and decide to put her on the couch. As I enter the living room she starts to hum a haunting tune, while a smile creeps into her lips and salty tears roll down her porcelain cheeks.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,
You make me happy when skies are grey,
You never know, dear, how much I love you,
Please don't take my sunshine away...

I feel my heart contract. I know who she's talking about, Jake. I'm not jealous, but I can feel her pain.

We are the only ones right now that can understand each other.

I lay her down on the couch and run into the kitchen to grab bandages and ointment for her hands.

I grab some gauze as well and then make my way over to her.

I sit down beside her and take her hand. She lays down and continues to sing those same verses of that lullaby, tears clogging her throat.

I clean up her hands and wrap them after applying ointment. I watch her as she breaks down and cried even harder.

"Ella." I whisper, holding her hand.

She looks up at me and let's more tears fall from her glassy eyes.